JT6 and Floyd replacement, again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT6 and Floyd replacement, again....

I just got a nice US Jackson Dinky #2305 from an auction and I've tried to fit the OFR in there but the cylinder for the tremarm is in the way. Anybody out there who tried this on a Dinky before? I strongly feel that I shouldn't start carving in this beautiful guitar. Any other trems that fit?

Regards JT/Grave

Re: JT6 and Floyd replacement, again....

You could try a Schaller (or JT-590) but I bet the socket would rub just like the OFR. In this recent thread, Plon & Jim Shine both mentioned the problem. Whether or not to modify the route a little bit is a question only you can answer. I would personally go ahead and make the mod because I would consider the improvement worth it and I am not a collector, but if it boils down to collectibility and keeping things perfectly original, you may be better off looking for a pristine JT-6.

Comment

I've had the same issue before. I just used a file and trimmed away just enough wood so it wouldn't rub. There was no way to tell when looking at it.

You might try another socket for the trem arm. Take the socket off the JT6 and put it on the OFR.

Comment

or remove the socket all together if you won't use the trem at all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I only say that because I BARELY use my trem, it wouldn't phase me, but its different for everyone i guess...

Comment

Changing socket sounds like a good idea and I'm gonna try out both Schaller and Gotoh. Anyone tried the Gotoh FR?

Thanks for the response!

JT/Grave

Comment

Working...
          X