Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading my SL2HT nut to the Graph Tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my SL2HT nut to the Graph Tech?

To be or not to be? What will you advise? The strings go out of tune when I bend them too hard. If I get the frictionless nut, will this problem be solved? But then, the tune-o-matic bridge is going to be a pain in the ass, since there's loads of friction there. Or maybe I should just put some vaseline+graphite on the nut slots to make the tuning better? Which nut does Zakk use? He's a hard bender.
    Thanks for the answers [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Upgrading my SL2HT nut to the Graph Tech?

Change to locking tuners. I have a standard nut and tune-o-matic on my Soloist 7, and it very seldom goes out of tune with the Sperzels.

That, and a little pencil lead in the nut grooves, and you're set.

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Sperzels are the best tuners around....grab a set and you'll be fine. Tekky, Newc, Ralph, and myself talked with them for a while at NAMM and they are without a doubt the best lockers around. They cut one of the tuners in friggin half and it still worked! USA made quality baby!

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

I like the grover locking tuners. they are cam actuated so you don't have to physically lock them. Pull the string through tight and start turning while holding the string. At about a quarter turn, it's locked. Sperzels are great as well. I've used both. I eventually want to install locking tuners on all my string thru's.

Jim
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Lube the nut. You don't need locking tuners.

Comment

Working...
          X