X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck PU for KV-1

hey guys,
    I need some help for my neck-PU choice.

I own the black King-V-ONE (alder 'n maple (for those who don't know)) but I have to get off the JB!

I'm not a soloing guy. This PU should be more for clean stuff. Meaning jazz-chords and yeah...jazz soloing! Maybe the Jazz-PU suggest itself-
    But I wonder if it aint to harsh. No, I cant stand pain in my ears. You know what I mean? This ugly punchy highs when slapping the string.
    But for jazz chords its definitly great, I guess.

Anyway, the sound should be sweet and balanced. So maybe a PAF...but there are so many out there. I even hab a look on the Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro...

The thing is: I'm a poor student and I cant buy something wrong.
    Please help me ( from my painfull situation...)

Thanx

Re: Neck PU for KV-1

Can't go wrong with the Duncan Jazz, or even the JB for the neck, though it does have a slightly grittier tone than the Jazz. You can also try a Custom or 59, though the 59 I had sounded kinda raspy when distorted (coulda been the setup).
    I don't like the JB for the bridge, unless it's a JB Jr, but it works great for the neck, especially when split to single-coil mode.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

APC felony X
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        APC felony X

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry? What? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          APC felony X

[/ QUOTE ]
          [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
          I think that is a somekind of code coming from Mars.
          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.adderplus.com

below is a transaltion by sunbane about there pickups - which are the best pickups i have ever hear with my own ears.

I did a translation of that swedish webpage for those who are interested, but I only bothered to translate the Humphree Singlecoils and the Humbuckers.

Note: Keep in mind that this is a translation of a translation (and i don't know what info is from the product sheets and what is just the swedish retailer's opinion), so I can't make any guarantees about the accuracy of the information.

quote:

INTER-PHASE PICKUPS give you brilliance and clarity. Some models have high or very high output signal with preserved treble, which so far has been impossible for passive pickups. (Note: Anyone else who thinks this smells like bull****? X2N anyone?) You can adjust INTER-PHASE PICKUPS very close to the strings without having the magnetic fields affect the vibrations of the strings (no "string pull"). You simply get better sustain. When doing powerful string bending, you never run the risk of ending up outside the receptive area of a magnetic pole, since the magnetic fields are spread out over the entire length of the pickup. INTER-PHASE PICKUPS are quiet and hum free and some models (Humphree) are even very quiet and very hum free. These pickups are offered with a range of different tones, from the traditional single coil sound, to the most sought-after humbucking sound of the 50's.

IMPORTANT: Some bridges have very wide string spacing. Make sure you have at least 7mm between your 1st string (E1) and the edge of your pickups for a balanced tone reception with APC Single Coil Pickups.

HUMPHREE - Single Coils

Model

100 - Virtually insensitive to electric and magnetic interference. When you demand a totally clear, balanced "true single coil tone without the noise". Recommended position: Neck/middle

200 - Has the quietness and clarity of the 100, but is calibrated to give a little stronger output with emphasis on the mid-range register. Recommended position: Neck/middle

300 - "Hot, full range HUMPHREE" gives you maximum attack and sustain, while it brings out the harmonic overtones and a high output signal. Recommended position: middle/bridge

400 - "Mr. Punchy". Extremely high output signal and low hum level makes this pickup the choice of the pro's. Perfect for both clean and distortion. Recommended position: bridge

DUAL COIL HUMBUCKERS

All pickups are built with 4 shielded leads for split coil, phase control and series/parallell operation. Specify white or black covers when ordering.

Model

Persuader SC - Humbucking in single coil format. Powerful, "punchy" and rich with overtones. Recommended position: bridge

Persuader Lead - Powerful "over the edge" signal. Designed specifically for the lead guitarist. Recommended position: bridge

Persuader Lead Custom - Full highs, strong middle and full lows. Similar to Persuader Lead, but with stronger lows. Recommended position: bridge

Felony X - "This is it, we did it!" The sought-after 50's humbucking sound is here. Thick and clear for everything from blues to metal. Recommended position: neck

Malice - Especially designed for those who want a "phatter" humbucking sound. Classically tight response with strong mids and a loud output signal. Recommended position: neck

Syrinx - Like Malice, but with a finely balanced magnetic structure, resulting in a "medium output pickup" with prominent highs, thick bass and a "soft hang". (Note: Don't ask me what they mean with "soft hang". Sounds perverted.) Recommended position: neck

'bane

--------------------
            "Master, master, where's the Jackson I've been after?"
            Widow - "We have songs"

Comment

OK, so that a pickup model.
              And do you recommend them?
              Have you ever tried one?
              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been wanting a Pursuader Lead and Custom for sometime now...they're like 45 min. from my house. I've talked with the owner before and he's a very nice and knowledgable guy..

- Joel
                RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                RIP Dime

Comment

yes i got a Persuader Lead for my brothers ibanez rodestar II and it is the best sounding pickup i've ever heard. more clarity and punch, and sustain than i've ever heard from a pup, and this is coming from an EMG user of 14 years (granted i've used many pups over the years and emg is what sounds best for what i've always played, but APC's will work for any type sound at the same time). these are passive pups and maintain the warmth that passives are known for with more clarity, more punch, more sustain, and less noise than both actives or passives. they are very sensitive to the distance from your strings and you can shape your highs and lows asswell as attack by how close you put the pup (or that side of the pup) to the strings. APC re-defines how pickups should be made. just call them up - the number is on the website. Mel will be happy to talk to anyone about them.
                  ~JW

i will eventually switch over all my guitars to APC.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

Comment

Email sent to ya....got some Q's.
                    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                    RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                    X