Tremsetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremsetter

Does anybody use the Hipshot Tremsetter? Is it worth it? Is it easy to install?

Re: Tremsetter

SOme people don't like the feel it has on the trem. I have heard reports that you can feel it "click" when it returns to zero.

Comment

Look here: Review
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

It works really good but you are right.. you can feel the return to zero point.

Comment

Thanks for that link Jackson...it addressed all my questions. As much as I am afraid to take a drill to my brand new SL2H I might go ahead now and take the plunge.

Comment

the drilling part is just for the little claw in the trem cavity right? Even if yopu screw it up, no one will ever see it, and I believe it is totally reversible, so if you don't like it, nothing is lost.

Comment

I got a few of those free a while back and have been paranoid to install one...how bad is the 'bump' at the zero position? Can you still do intentional warbles, gargles and whatnot? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                the drilling part is just for the little claw in the trem cavity right? Even if yopu screw it up, no one will ever see it, and I believe it is totally reversible, so if you don't like it, nothing is lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

The drilling is to allow the bar to recess into the body. This would not be completely reversable, but it is a minor modification.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Warbles and the like is pretty much killed by the Tremsetter. Don't install it if you fancy that effect.

It's hard to write down how big that bump is. I'd say around 42 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Let me put it this way: if i needed to do very mild vibrato with the trem bar, i'd pick a guitar without a Tremsetter installed. That's why only some of my guitars have it.

It's a trade-off. You have to decide what's important to you and what isn't. I don't use the trem very often and i don't like its flaws, so it suits me perfect. Mega dives and other wild tremolo stuff don't suffer from having the Tremsetter installed.
                  Henrik

Comment

I've always wondered what these "warbles" are that people talk about. Anybody got a quick MP3 sample of them playing a song with a "warble" in it so I know what it sounds like? I've probably done them without knowing what they were. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Listen to 1 second of any King Diamond guitar riff (Andy L) and you know what it is [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Henrik

Comment

any brad gillis solo will do, as well. he does those things like zakk does a pinch harmonic.

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

you can still set it to zero tension and your trem will act like if the tremsetter wasn't there, right?
                          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I didn't check that because there would be no reason to install it in the first place then.
                            Henrik

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I've always wondered what these "warbles" are that people talk about. Anybody got a quick MP3 sample of them playing a song with a "warble" in it so I know what it sounds like? I've probably done them without knowing what they were. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A great example of a warble is the 1st note in Hungry by Winger.

Comment

Working...
                              X