Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I have a Mustaine KV Pro whose action is VERY high towards the 12th fret, but it's fine towards the ends of the neck. If I lower the any lower, the strings get buzzy throughout the neck. Any ideas? Kahlers are a pain in the ass... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Help

Too much frontbow perhaps? Tighten the truss rod a smidge if this is the case. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

the truss rod is weird...it looks like the end of hex key

Comment

Got a photo of it? Do you mean it looks like a Fender bullet-style truss rod? If so, I use the tool on the very far right of this picture to adjust mine.

Comment

crap...i dont have that -_-. do they sell it at home depot or will i need to get it from stewmac?

Comment

super k has it, go try walmart, ace, bike stores etc.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              super k has it, go try walmart, ace, bike stores etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Ace? Yeah, I have one, but you can't have mine!! I need it!! One piece of quick info, the Fender "bullet" truss rod is an Allen wrench nut, not a socket nut, like a Jackson nut.

Comment

So a Fender bullet truss rod = Allen wrench nut, so you'd use the tool on the very far right of my previous picture.

Fender bullet truss rod:

And a Jackson truss rod = socket nut, so you'd use the second tool to the right on the previous picture I posted.

Glad to finally know the proper terms for them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

what is that called...so i'll know what to ask for when im at Ace

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    So a Fender bullet truss rod = Allen wrench nut, so you'd use the tool on the very far right of my previous picture.

And a Jackson truss rod = socket nut, so you'd use the second tool to the right on the previous picture I posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be the other way around?
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

There are Jacksons and Charvels with both kinds of truss rod. I used to have only the one that needs the allen wrench, but have come across the socket type now.

Comment

Working...
                      X