Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT-580LP to JT-590

Hi all,

I am new here, so..... HI!! Anyway, I just purchased a new Jackson SL-3 violin brown and thaught it would look better with gold trim. Did all the order through my dealer for jackson parts. However, I don't understand why they want me to go with a JT-590 (Which I don't believe is a Lo Pro btw) in stead of a Floyd Rose Pro. Does anyone have any insight as to the reason this may be?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be.

Ronnie

Re: JT-580LP to JT-590

Maybe the FLoyd Rose pro won't fit in the cavity of the JT580LP? The JT-590 is a Jackson-logoed Schaller Floyd, and i believe the Floyd cavity in your SL3 is more likely to be adept for the JT-590

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I don't know if that was the dealers or Fender/Jackson's reason or not.... isn't the stud spacing different on the 590 from the 580 as well? That being the case, if both need to be re-routed... Which is better? A Floyd Rose Pro or the Schaller JT-590? Is a 590 a Lo Pro? I didn't think that it was... I suppose I am getting nervous as I want to put the best parts I can, and not by one bridge and then replace it with a Floyd later. Then I'll move on to the binding and the fret board. I have to be out of my mind to do this to this guitar. I have been told by several people that it is not worth it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks again for your reply.

Ronnie

Comment

Hey it's your money, but with what It'll cost ya you can probably pick up a used SL2H or SL1 från E-bay. Anyways:

The stud spacing on the 580 and 590 is the same. 74,3 mm. You will probably NOT need to reroute if you go with the JT-590, but there is a small chance you will. The JT-590 is basically a Original FLoyd Rose copy, but with shorter barrel-style string locking screws and a thicker, made out of different material baseplate. So no it is not Lo Pro.

Comment

That was actually my reason for going with the import. I got it new for $599.00usd Ordered from Jackson through my dealer. with the intent of putting on the gold trim and changing the board. Then it will be about 200.00 over what I should of paid. So a bad deal I can view it as. But, it will be exactly what I want. Do you or anyone other know if there is a difference in quality between the Schaller made JT-590 and the floyd rose. Being schaller makes them for floyd? Should I just opt for the floyd pro and re-route now?

Thanks

Comment

The floyd Pro has a lowered profile. It is a very comfy trem, but I can't recall if the post spacing is different.. sorry. Don't have time to dig it out and check right now either but it should be the same as other floyds.

The floyd and 590 should be interchangable. The 590 is certainly one of the better licensed Floyds out. These should replace a 580 w/o mods given the shape of a 580 is larger on the back part of the plate. I've not done the swap out .. so I would wait for a confirm on this from someone else who has.

Comment

also search the archives.. this has been covered before more intensively.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                X