Here is my project guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is my project guitar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT Here is my PS2 project. Here's what I have. The neck is in great condition, as is the Floyd (Missing the bar holder). The body is a whole other issue. This guy must have left it outside. It is dry as a bone and cracking up. Here is what I have done so far. I drilled holes in the cracks and dowled and glued. Every previously drilled hole has been drilled and plugged. I am going to leave it outside to get some of that Seattle dew on it to see if I can get some moisture back in it. Once I patch the dings, what should be my first layer of preparation? If there ever was a body to mess around with, this is it. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Here is my project guitar

sand it smooth and use some grain filler/sealer. Check out http://reranch.com/ for the step by step process [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

looks ya you got some work to do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

The part about leaving it outside to get some moisture back in it is totally the WRONG approach brother!!!! That's a good weathered and settled hunk of wood to work with. Leave it as-is, sand it down, use a good catylized primer-surfacer, and on to a new paint job. The worst thing you can do for it is to get it wet again.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Ya. I guess I won't leave it outside.

Comment

i have a ps-2 and it's a pretty good guitar. body is dark metallic red, and i changed the licensed floyd plate for an ofr one.

dude, for $45 u.s. you got a damn good deal, even if the body is ****!!
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I bought the whole set up for an active Mod 5. I also bought an EMG 81 and an 85. Here's what I want to do. I want to use the active part of the Mod 5; plug up the two single slots; and use the EMG 85 in the HUm slot. Will this work? [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X