Replacing a JT6 Trem with OFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing a JT6 Trem with OFR

Can you replace a JT6 with an OFR by just "dropping it in"? Is the post spacing the same? Thanks.

Re: Replacing a JT6 Trem with OFR

yep 99.9% of the time you can. Do a search for it on this board as it has been covered a few different times.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

don't forget you also have to change the mounting posts and bushings, because ofr ones are wider. if you leave the old ones, all the tension will be at the center of the knife edges, which will wear out that area -much- more quickly. and the bushings have finer threadings, so the ofr posts won't fit in them.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

You sure about that? I have a OFR and it fits right in the same posts as a JT6 which I also have. I don't see a difference.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...o=&fpart=1

Comment

I replaced a JT6 with an OFR on my 88 Soloist without a problem, just got a 42mm block and it works perfectly.

Comment

plon, thanks for the link.

I guess I will just have to try and see if it's a simple swap. Seems like it's a simple drop-in job on some guitars, and more work on others.

Comment

Working...
              X