need bass wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need bass wiring help

Ok, I am wiring my Ibanez bass for a single P-pickup and a single volume control. I have the pickup wired tot he pot in the usual fashion (right lug soldered to pot, pickup hot to center, left lug to output)pickup ground to back of pot, to output ground, and the bridge ground wire is also connected to ground. I STILL GET BUZZ IF I AM NOT TOUCHING SOMETHING METAL ON THE BASS! THis should be the single most simple wiring setup ever-but I still can't get it right. HELP! I suppose a model 2 wiring diagram would help, huh?

Re: need bass wiring help

Try switching the input and output of the pot to start with. I wire my pots from left to right(as you look at them from the bottom) in-out-ground. Also it sounds like you may have a cold solder in there someplace. Have you done any soldering before? Try using a multimeter and double checking all of your connections. Resolder anything that isn't clean and shiny looking.

Comment

yes, I have been soldering for nearly 15 years. I re-soldered all the connections just in case. This is giving me a brain tumor.

Comment

Try the input/output swap and a multimeter, if you've got one.

Comment

Working...
        X