Pickup ID help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup ID help

Can anyone help me ID the pickups in my 1984 black and brass RR-1 ???

Serial number is RR 0761 and picture is below.

I'd also like to know what's in the pinstripe and the polka dot. I know the pinstripe has a jazz in the neck.

I want to put the same pickup into my LP. I know it will sound a little different, but i love the sound of this pickup, and the one on my LP is toast.

Thanks for any and all help, and I'll be back after dinner.

DW

"Gonna Bend You Like A G String" - RIP Bon Scott

Re: Pickup ID help

Nice collection! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I guess your best bet is to pull them out and see if there's markings on the back. I believe the Polka Dot had some kind of DiMarzios, not sure offhand, though.
    You also look a little like Zakk Wylde... if he were to shower. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Be your own judge and pull them out at next string change and look for numbers at the back. Did you buy the guitars used or new?

Regarding the RR1 i'd say a jazz in the neck and a JB in the bridge.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Hey Joe, we meet again. As always, i'm beat to it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Henrik

Comment

How about you send them to me and I can ID them for you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Might take awhile as its hard work and I will promise to take really good care of your guitars hehe. Nice collection bro.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Hey Joe, we meet again. As always, i'm beat to it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            Of course! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              You also look a little like Zakk Wylde... if he were to shower. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, yeah I've heard that before. Isn't it odd, that I look like Zakk, but have all Randy's guitars ?

anyway, thanks to all for the help. I'll be sure and post the info after next set up. I only change 1 string at a time, so it'll have to be after a set up.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Did you buy the guitars used or new ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the polka dot new, the pinstripe was pre-owned but mint, the black and brass was used and abused, but still plays and sounds the best out of them all.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  How about you send them to me and I can ID them for you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Might take awhile as its hard work and I will promise to take really good care of your guitars hehe. Nice collection bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, but no thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Comment

all those nice jacksons and you play on a gibson les paul (: (: [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bah i'd rather have the lp than the ugly polka dot v (or even another rhoads) -)
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I got the polka dot new, the pinstripe was pre-owned but mint, the black and brass was used and abused, but still plays and sounds the best out of them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

So in theory, your polka has stock pups, the other two might not have stock pups. That should narrow it down a bit regarding the polka (not that i know what they came with stock).
                      Henrik

Comment

Working...
                      X