Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refinishing a neck thru... Hanging help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refinishing a neck thru... Hanging help...

I'm working on a refinishing project and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to hang a neck thru guitar for spraying? We're not quite to this stage yet, but I'm trying to make sure that we're prepared when we finally reach this stage. Has anyone refinished a neck thru and found a method to hang a guitar without interfering with the spraying?

(I tried searching the forums but the new searching tool makes it hard to find the relevant threads)

Re: Refinishing a neck thru... Hanging help...

Why not remove the strap button on the bottom of the body and use a small hook it its place. Granted the guitar will be upside down, but all you have to do is stand on your head when you paint. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

but all you have to do is stand on your head when you paint. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

When I painted a guitar I replaced the strap buttons with those metal eyelets and suspended it with 2 wires attached to the ceiling that were spaced pretty far apart. Mine wasn't neck-thru, but the body remained in "playing position" the whole time and didn't sway at all during painting. I think a similar method would work with a neck-thru.

As an aside, anyone know how Jackon paints neckthrus? I only have ever seen pics of Jackson painting bolt-ons with that handle they attach to the neck bolts.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

That's even a better idea. I can't stand on my head anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Standing on your head really wouldn't work using a gravity feed paint gun, lol, unless you hold the paint gun upside down too..

Good idea with the the metal eyelets. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X