Jackson Susutainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Susutainer

I'm toying around with returning my PC1 back to original. It came with EMG's 81/SA/SA. It sounds awesome, but I think I would like a sustainer back in the neck pos So I'll need to go back to passives.

1)Does anyone know where I can aquire a Jackson Sustainer? Not a sustainiac like on DK2s, but the Jackson type that came from the factory on PC1s.

2) Anybody have an idea where I could aquire a schematic or diagram as to how it should be wired?

Jim
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: Jackson Susutainer

I thought Jackson used the Floyd Rose Sustainer like he originally made in the '80s. Maybe check with Floyd.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I thought they used the Sustainiac with a Jackson logo? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I've got a Sustainiac (bought at NAMM), and I'm not really finding why you'd need it, other than doing cello/violin effects. I mean, if your guitar has no sustain, get a new guitar, but musically-speaking, it's about like a tremolo - great for special effects but pretty much nothing else.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm kinda on a fence about it. It's really kinda cool to have a PC1 with EMGs and it sounds great, but I had a DK2 a while back with a sustainiac and it was kinda cool, but I see what you're saying. It's really only a novelty. We'll see. Not really sure about it.

Jim

Comment

Just buy an eBow...

Comment

Holy crap! Do they still make those? I remember seeing ads for those all over guitar player many many moons ago. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jim

Comment

yeah, they still make ebows.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I thought they used the Sustainiac with a Jackson logo? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                I thought I read that it was Floyd's version Jackson was using. Fernandes even ripped off Sustainic's design and had their own thing going. They're pretty much all the same thing anyway, for the most part.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was going to buy a DK2S from eBay and part it out, bu tthe sustainiac looks so much different than the ones they use on the PC1s. I don't know. I think I may keep it as is. That ebow is soundinf better and better. At least that way, when I get it out of my system, I won't have regretted swapping out the EMGs.

Thanks guys!

Jim

Comment

Jackson's sustainer system is very expensive. For custom orders, it's a $960 (list price) option. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Unclear if you'd even be able to get one as a replacement.

I love the one in my PC1. It's a very cool feature to have and use. But I could easily live without it, too. Go with the eBow.

Actually, I really wish J/C also offered a non-sustainer USA PC model. Exactly the same as a PC1, but with a normal PU in the neck. And a commensurately lower price, too. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X