Do D- Tunas work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do D- Tunas work?

Jackson is my favorite guitar company, but i really hate tuning floyds, and this limits me on a lot of nice guitars. i like to jump from standard to drop d a lot also so i'm wondering about D-tunas. EVH uses it so it shouldn't be that hard right?

Re: Do D- Tunas work?

Yup. I have one on my 5150 replica parts mutt, and it works great. You have to block your trem to prevent upward travel though.

Comment

MM, i don't fancy the Floyds myself either, so i'm using the Tremsetter in most of my Floyded guitars. If you don't know the Tremsetter let me know. It's perfect for drop-D tunings.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Jackson1, you made an excellent topic about the Tremsetter maybe a year or two ago. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Newbies, run a search. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you very much, i don't deserve it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          Henrik

Comment

I've had great luck with mine - live performance is a snap. Both of my Floyd guitars have them, and I have the trems blocked so they only go down - I haven't tried the Tremsetter with one.

Mike
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Hmm, I was thinking of using a Tremsetter with a D-Tuna on a project soon. If using both together, do you still have to have the Floyd resting on the body?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the D-tuna sux i had it on my Wayne. for some reason you dont get enough travel if you use a 49 or bigger low E, so its almost D. & when its back in E you dont get a full range of tuning out of the fine tuners because the D-tuna is a big chunk under the bridge. it may work for other people but ive had no luck at all with it.

Comment

My low E is either a 46 or 48 anyway. Strange it doesn't accomodate thicker gauges.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Jackson1, you made an excellent topic about the Tremsetter maybe a year or two ago. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Newbies, run a search. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They can't. Yet another old thread has been killed by death.

Frankly, it pisses me off that lots of great old threads didn't survive the change of board software. Had i known that threads could or would be skipped, i would have saved them to disk before the change. What a waste.

I am not blaming the admins of this board.
                    Henrik

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      killed by death.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, I still love that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ohhh, damn. Well then, just post a summary...

"Tremsetter: I installed it and it works great!"

That's it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X