The Custom Shop is amazing!!! ****PICS ADDED*****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Custom Shop is amazing!!! ****PICS ADDED*****

A huge thanks goes out to Tim Wilson, Mike, Celeste, and especially Brad Kelly for making the tour of the CS a reality. It's been a 10 year long dream and it was well worth it! Walking in and seeing the racks of finished guitars there was amazing! Tim was the absolute coolest to me...I was waiting for Mike to finish up some things for the tour and Tim came out and we started BSing and he took me around the shop instead. Tim took me through the entire building of a guitar and showed us everything...every machine used, how they work! Man...what a start to the new year!! I can't wait for NAMM!! I'll be able to post some pics of the CS when I get home tomorrow..what an experience!

I also was able to pay my respects to my inspiration Randy Rhoads as well yesterday at Mountain View Cemetery. I hope to someday join in the ceremony on the 20th of March to pay my respects along with the other 1000's of fans. Yesterday was one of those days that I will forever last in my memory!

- Joel

UPDATE++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Well I just spent an hour posting 12 pics along with descriptions here but there is a max of 8 allowed so I lost everything and have to start over again [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    I finally got off my ass and uploaded pics of the CS tour from last Friday...it was such an amazing experience! I didn't post any of the machine or factory pics because most people only care about the guitars...also some pics may be dark so please feel free to work some magic on any of them to make them better...that woul dbe cool. Hope you enjoy!

Rack of Custom Kelly's all setup (notice the cracked mirror kelly with the abalone Jackson logo...she's got a sister Soloist in the next rack.
    Rack of Y2KV's all ready
    Rack of RR1T's with some lefty's in there as well
    Waiting for pickups/wiring and hardware
    Ooohhh...the anxiously awaited Bullseyes...very nice!
    Kelly's with the veneer applied waiting to be trimmed
    Rack just outside the paint booth...nice white Y2K and a misc. Bullseye hanging around

THERE ARE 4 FINAL PICS POSTED BELOW AS WELL!

[ January 09, 2003, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Joel Drabicki ]
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Re: The Custom Shop is amazing!!! ****PICS ADDED*****

Awesome, I'd love to see where and how they make the guitars that I love so much.... lucky guy !

Comment

Wow [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Good stuff Joel, you lucky guy!!!...looking forward to the pics...

Vic

Comment

Incredible. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ahhh, I was told Tim Wilson was gone from the custom shop... It's really good to know that he isn't... He's always been super nice and very helpful everytime I've talked to him.

Did you get pics????

Comment

I am going to have to get out there myself and soon! I am envious! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Can't wait to see the pics. I live about 10 miles away from the shop, I'd love to be able to take a tour. Has anyone tried to put together a group tour?

Comment

That's Cool Joel

You lucky Bastard [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Here are 5 more pics of the CS just to tease

Sanding room with racks of Warriors, SL's, RR's, Kelly's...what a sight!
                  Pic of the left side of the room
                  Rack of DK1's after a round of rough sanding
                  The Great Tim Wilson showing a Custom Gold Diamond Plated Kelly with matching HW, they could only get a neck p/up with gold poles so they opted to keep the std Duncans in the guitar...notice Celeste and a misc. worker in the background
                  Final shot of the setup room...there's a KILLER trans green 6/12 Doubleneck Explorer I'm kicking myself for not getting a shot of [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I hope enjoyed...I've been waiting 10 years to see it!
                  RIP Dime

Comment

Great pictures Joel ..

I see to the left of our Bullseyes a couple of Charvel Reissued headstockes.. what were those for .. and please tell me this isn't the new charvels ...
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Joel,
                      Nice shots man...and congrats for getting the "tour of a lifetime".

Didya happen to see my Deathwarrior anywhere in the building??! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Are those Korina Y2KV's in that last picture?
                        VERY NICE!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Dang, that gold Kelly looks royally beautiful.

Comment

I don't think I could've left there without trying to bribe them outta that gold diamond plate Kelly or white Y2KV. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hey Kev...I can't for the life of me recall those axes since my eyes are trained to spot pointy Jackson's within a 20 yard radius...but those are custom orders because they have the yellow "Custom Order" sheets with them...I think they were just strats, dual hums etc.

Ken..thanks, actually I didn't see your DW anywhere...I didn't see Brad's axe either, but they were doing inventory that week so they may have been tucked away somewhere...or your DW may have been hanging in the sanding room and I didn't see it with so many guitars there...but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been painted yet if it's been started.

KingV1: good eye...I noticed those right away myself...beautiful Korina Y2K's!

I tried bribing Tim...but no luck...he's heard it all before [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                              RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                              X