Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 - 9V Batteries in Jackson Electronics ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 - 9V Batteries in Jackson Electronics ???

Anybody ever see 2 9volt batteries used in series on a USA Jackson with active electronics? This guitar is a 1988 S/S/H Soloist with the active electronics on the humbucker only. It all looks factory.

Re: 2 - 9V Batteries in Jackson Electronics ???

I don't know but I see no reason for 18 volts on the active mid-boost circuit (unless maybe it would just extend battery life).????? RU sure it's factory? Got pics?
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Here's a pic, looks all factory original to me:

http://visionautoworld.tripod.com/elec1.jpg
      Because of Tripod's goofy linking security, you'll have to cut and paste the address into a browser to see the pic.

Comment

My single hum USA Jackson has an 18 volt system. Here's a pic.

Comment

It sounds like you have a Seymour Duncan Live Wire pickup in the bridge position. They require 2 9-volt batteries.

Comment

Mine is a J90 pup, I think at least on my setup the batteries are strictly for the boost setup.

Comment

It's probably just to extend battery life or give more headroom like can be done with EMGs.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hmm. Never seen a Jackson circuit in either configuration (2 batteries OR only on one pickup). Then again, there's some sharp cookies out there that can do "factory-look" wiring.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  It sounds like you have a Seymour Duncan Live Wire pickup in the bridge position. They require 2 9-volt batteries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, it's a Jackson pickup. Interesting active circuit board on Souldigger's guitar, notice the dip switches.

Comment

I agree with Toejam. Someone added a second battery to give it more headroom. I run my EMG's this way. There is a small difference in the tone of them. It will not extend the battery life when wired this way.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Nope, it's a Jackson pickup. Interesting active circuit board on Souldigger's guitar, notice the dip switches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are bass, mid, and treble switches. One way is on and the other way is off. It makes for some cool tones.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Those are bass, mid, and treble switches. One way is on and the other way is off. It makes for some cool tones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you happen to know the model/designation number for that particular Active Jackson circuit? I've neber seen anything like that in the Model series Charvels!
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

That's the J1000 active gain boost with Peak Select (DIP switches). The J1500 Mid-Boost/Sweep didn't have those, just a Gain Trim pot on the board (not the main pot, but a smaller box-like pot).
                          The J1200 was the mid boost mostly found on Fusions, and came in two configurations: one with an on/off switch and one with just 2 knobs.

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have JA0066 archtop soloist from 88 it has two J-95 hums with 5-way switch and the JE-1000 pre-amp with two 9-volt batteries, I'm pretty sure it's all factory, and it gets a great distorted sound, but it sucks for clean, just too much output.
                            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info. I like the setup. It has a 2 way toggle on the face of the guitar which I think is a coil splitter. In one position it is full on screaming and in the other it cleans up which is cool for clean passages.

Comment

Working...
                              X