No announcement yet.

How do you repair a paint chip on a RR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you repair a paint chip on a RR?

After only a few months of having my RR, I finally made a minor chip(about 1/2 the size of a pencil eraser) in the wing, I still have the paint chip and was wondering if there was an easy and safe way to put it back.

Re: How do you repair a paint chip on a RR?

small drop of superglue on the wing, then place the chip on it. i'd use an x-acto knife to place it. after it's dried and hardened, you can sand the area gently with 600 grit paper to get the excess glue off, then wetsand it with 800, then 1000, then 1500. then buff it with rubbing compound.

and after all that, you'll still see that it's been repaired. my advice? don't bother.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Use CA glue or better yet, live with it. Only 0.00251% of all Rhoads guitars in use in the world are without chips in the paint.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Oh wait, that's now down to 0.00249% thanks to you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Henrik

Comment

chips are cool.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            chips are cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the original <font color="yellow"> Lays </font> potatoe chips are the best!
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It's part of it's personality..leave it alone.

Comment

Anyways if you don't chip your rhoads then someone else will. My RR1T was flawless until I left it overnight at a friends house and then suddenly there was damage on the very tip of a wing.. Hmm.. How'd that happen?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Oh wait, that's now down to 0.00249% thanks to you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy ****! And I have one! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But then again, that one doesn't get out much.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I heard that the RR1 can get chips in the paint even while locked up safely in the case. It's just part of their nature. Accept it.

And while you're reading this, your RR1 with the $480 addon graphic in the closet goes:

...ding!

....(chip!)...(crack!)
                    Henrik

Comment

my rhoads is black, so i just lay on some nail polish, wet n' wild is my brand of choice. there's those kinds that change color depending on how you look at them too, eerie dess? really though, it isnt worth it, chips are cool, and so are chips in the paint

Comment

Working...
                      X