Fixing a truss rod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing a truss rod?

Ok, so I have this neck and the truss rod nut is broken off, making it impossible to adjust. What I gotta do, pop off the fretboard, or is there a way to drill a hole and put in a new nut?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Fixing a truss rod?

I had this same issue on a Strat I used to own (adjusted at the butt end and the retaining piece up at the nut had broke loose). What the shop did was remove the first fret and then removed the fingerboard from the first fret up toward the headstock. They fixed the trussrod and reglued the fingerboard put in a new fret and did a level and recrown. It looked as good as it did before.

Comment

is it at the headstock or heal, & is there threads left or did it crack off the entire end of the truss rod.

Comment

Ok well nevermind - it's an Allen-style nut waaaaaay down in the neck (PC-1 neck) - looks like another Brain Fart to go [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Glad it was just a brain fart [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Newc: This neck has a busted truss rod, can you fix it?

Tech: Sure, pick it up tomorrow.

(next day)

Tech: I fixed it. Here, I'll even let you have this allen wrench. That'll be $175.00 please.

Newc: Golly! Swell! (happily hands over cash)

The End [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yup, that's me all over [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hey Stuka - wanna buy a slightly used PC-1 neck with a new trussrod? $250 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Yup, that's me all over [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hey Stuka - wanna buy a slightly used PC-1 neck with a new trussrod? $250 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ] Let me think about it for a second [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] hmmm........NO! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X