Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One hum, two volume pots

Hi.

I have an idea that probably sounds stupid to everyone else, but I was wondering if it is possible to wire one pickup to two volume pots? Switch able that is. What I want is a guitar with one hum, one mini toggle and TWO volume pots.

If anyone understands what I mean and know the answer, or could direct me to someone who might know the answer, I would be really grateful.

Thanks
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Re: One hum, two volume pots

It's possible. I did that once on a King V with two volumes - one got clean and thin, the other just cut the gain but left the beef. Both volumes worked at the same time.

I'm assuming the switch is for coil splitting, and each knob is for each pickup mode?
    If so, wire the pickup to the knobs, then the knobs to the switch, then the switch to the jack.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was thinking that the mini-toggle was to switch between the two volume knobs. One volume set wide open, and the other one backed off for clean tones.

That's a cool idea. I would do that with a stacked volume knob. Then you still have the clean look of a single knob [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

You could just use a resistor. For the "clean" side. I don't know what value though.

Comment

If they are going to be active at the same time I would suggest you use zero load pots.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I was thinking that the mini-toggle was to switch between the two volume knobs. One volume set wide open, and the other one backed off for clean tones.

That's a cool idea. I would do that with a stacked volume knob. Then you still have the clean look of a single knob [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I mean! Thanks. I wouldn't mind having two volumes, but different strokes, right? Anyway, what I meant was being able to switch between two different settings. It might seem… superfluous to some(as most people seem happy with just rolling the one volume back), but I like the idea.

Newc’s concept was really cool, though, even if it’s not what I’m thinking about.

But I’m really curious, still, as to whether my idea is doable or not.
            I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Working...
            X