bridge pickup choices for a sdlll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridge pickup choices for a sdlll

the top is lacewood i dont think its solid lacewood i think its mahogony with a lacewood top any way i want a vh1 sound you know hot but not death metal, i was thinking a custom or custom custom

Re: bridge pickup choices for a sdlll

Custom Custonm all the way. All the highs and mids you could ask for.
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

APC Persuader Lead or Felony X!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

If you're looking for EVH tone why not try the Duncan EVH??Chucksplatter

Comment

Someone else posted in another thread that the Screamin demon and EVH are very close, and the SD is a few bucks cheaper. VH's original pickup was a PAF if i recall correctly, and the demon is based on the PAF. I have a SD in my epi les paul and it sounds great-much more versatile than you might think based on it's endorser.

Comment

The Custom Custom is very nice and VH-esque. I have it in my current EVH guitar (5150 replica parts mutt), and I like it. It's hot, but not too hot. I think you would like it. Also consider the DiMarzio Tone Zone. That's what I'm going to put in my next EVH parts mutt.

Comment

I agree on the Custom Custom. Excellent pickups. I have those in 2 of my bastard strats.

Comment

I really didn't like the Demon I had in my DC125 it was way to much low end for me, I switched it out to the Custom custom and it screamed. I love the JB and the custom custom
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

The Screamin' Demon is kind of a low output pickup made to be used with really high gain amps. It's also got more low end due to the fact that Lynch uses them mainly in bright-sounding maple guitars.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thanks for all the feedback i really appreciate the advice

Comment

Working...
                    X