Floyd mounting posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd mounting posts

Anyone know the best way to put the mounting studs for a Floyd Rose onto the body? Other than "have a professional do it", that is. It looks like once the holes have been drilled, the studs would be "put" (pounded, hammered, tapped, I don't know) into the holes, with the stud posts then screwed in, and voila! Just curious as to whether or not anyone has tried this maneuver. Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Floyd mounting posts

Just make sure you drill the holes straight,(drill press), and in the correct position. Then pound those puppies in, with a rubber mallet or a piece of wood between your hammer and the inserts.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Gracias!

Comment

74.3 mm between center the posts. It's quite hard if you don't have a template, I know. I personally, would let the pro's do it, because it is very precise work. Mounting the studs a little too wide, close or crooked will not allow your Floyd to keep it's tuning very efficiently.

Comment

Thanks for the input. The post holes had already been drilled, but for whatever reason, the mounts were removed, and the mounts i have are a little too small for the holes, so I've filled the holes with dowels, and plan on re- drilling.

Comment

Working...
          X