Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall hangers: Friend or Foe?

Hey Folks,
    Anyone use those guitar wall hangers and have a bad experience with them? I'm thinking about saving some damn floor space and hanging my guitars up on an open wall,(especially after seeing Kings31s collection! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])But, I'm just not sure if I can sleep at night wondering if I'm going to be awakened by the crash of a guitar to the floor. Opinions?

Re: Wall hangers: Friend or Foe?

i've got the string swings, and have used them for a few years now. i'd recommend drilling them into wall studs, but you can anchor them in and they're pretty sturdy too. i've not had any casualties, either.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have several called "off the wall" never a problem. Like Sully said try to find a wall stud although i do have one or two I hung with anchors and they are solid. your right it's a great way to get some floor space. Scott

Comment

Cool, thanks guys! I think I'll go ahead and check them out. But maybe I'll put up my Charvettes and Ibenhads first just to test them. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I have some of mine hanging as well...into a stud...high enough to keep above those on the ground on stands. Works well for keeping kids from crashing into them! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It would take a lot to knock them off or down!

Comment

oh yeah...I just get the hooks at Home Depot...a couple of bucks...done.

Comment

I did the same thing scaz did. Depot tool hangers and then I put some ingle leather covers on them that I got from a local music store. This way I won't have any issues with my laquer guitar finishes. I got a nice strip of oak and put 5 hangers on it. Looks nice.

Comment

I get those things from Canadian Tire. These are covered in a black rubbery stuff. They are supposed to be for hanging sledghammers or something. We have 8 of them in our rehearsal room, and they are awesome. The rubber coating prevents the guitar from moving around.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I'm using this one from the manufactor Hercules. When you place a guitar on it and let go, the weight of the guitar forces the two locking arms to lock. Works great.

Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I've been using String Swings for over 3 years now. No problems. Great product. When I originally installed them, I was a little concerned about the ones higher on the wall, but I soon got over that. If you are going to get several of them, try contacting them directly to see if they can cut you a deal. When I ordered 14 of them they gave me a discounted rate.

Comment

I just started using String Swings as well. No problems at all. I with I would have started using them earlier.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I use Off the Wall's I like them because they have three mounting screws for added support.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

i got 3 guitars hanging on the wall, and recently my cat knocked down one of them and scrapped the fckn neck. body was ok, but i had to re-do the wing tips, and fix up a few other dents/dings.
                          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Oh, bad luck delt! Sorry to hear that. Would using a Hercules have saved the day?
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

They sketch me out personally, but a large part of my every day life involves putting guitars on wall hangers and I haven't had any issues so far, so I guess they're ok. Just try not to put a Tele up there!

Comment

Working...
                              X