Bass Amps/Cabs - which do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Amps/Cabs - which do you use?

Just curious to see what you guys are using for bass heads and cabs or combos. Post pics. if you got them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Bass Amps/Cabs - which do you use?

Sorry, no photos...

Peavey Max Bass 700 head, puts out a lot of power and sounds pretty damn good.
    Peavey 410VTX cab which is the perfect match for the head.
    MTD Kingston 4 Bass

Comment

I have an Ampeg stack:

Ampeg B2R Preamp/Amp
      Ampeg SVT-210 HE 2x10 cabinet w/ tweeter
      Ampeg SVT-15E 1x15 cabinet

Here's a pic:

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I have an Ampeg stack:

Ampeg B2R Preamp/Amp
        Ampeg SVT-210 HE 2x10 cabinet w/ tweeter
        Ampeg SVT-15E 1x15 cabinet

Here's a pic:

- E.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that Ampeg unit get a very twangy sound? I was borrowing one of those for a while but the tone was quite twangy and I couldn't find that balance of low end boom with clarity on the 1st or 2nd strings.

Comment

killer ampeg alex! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] here's my rig
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

I use a SWR Silverado 4x8 350 watt combo with a Warwick Pro 115 extension cab.

Dino

Comment

Ampeg SVT (1968-1972). I haven't got round to tracing the exact date yet! With matching SVT 8x10 cabinet.
              The cab had an wierd old 4 prong speaker cable jack that I replaced with a regular 1/4" jack. The tolex is all torn on one side from being surfed down a flight of stairs (unintentionally). It has no wheels and weighs in at around 180lbs. It freakin ROCKS though.
              [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

IMO Opinion there is NOT a better Bass sytem tha Cravins Red Eyestack ...The biamped 4 10" adjustble w horn and 18 bottom

years ago they lost a deal with EV ...so they reproduced their own version of the EV Proline speaker which is THE BEST bass speaker on the planet ....you can not and will not ever blow them and they will never fart up no matter what do to to them..

I had SWR , Ampeg original SVT and SVT II , Harke XL cabs , Trace Elliot , GKs.......nothing is compared to my Carvins ...I owned three full stacks ...But sold them for guitar gear ....but I am going to buy another one without even giving any other bass amp a single thought...been ther done that!

Carvin Red eye stack with the 1-"18 / 4-10" is the best amp for any buck ...IMO......$1300 shipped to your home ...the whole kit and caboodle ...and headroom , noise gate , compressor , graphic and parametric shaping up the wazoo tube and solid state preamps and 900 watts power with the headroom like I never heard before ....and they are plenty loud , punchy and tight!!!!

I turned 3 local bassist onto these stacks not long ago and they all thanked me like you wouldn't believe..they hugged me ...one wanted to have sex with me...I think.

I'm not a fan of their guitar amps though ...not at all... [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

But their Bass amps ar the $hit!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Does that Ampeg unit get a very twangy sound? I was borrowing one of those for a while but the tone was quite twangy and I couldn't find that balance of low end boom with clarity on the 1st or 2nd strings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is a bit twangy, but the 2x10 has a tweeter in it so the setup lends itself to a brighter tone. Turning the tweeter level down takes care of most of that, though. I am partial to a brighter bass tone where you can hear the notes, not just feel them so for now, it suits me.

I have played guitar for 15+ years, but have only recently started playing bass. It will be a while before I really become concerned about finding a great tone; right now I'm working on chops and theory. My requirement for my bass setup for now was being able to be heard over the drummer and guitarist I occasionally jam with.

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I use an Ampeg SVT 4 Pro, with Two SVT 410 HLF Cabs. I've also got an ampeg SVT 3 Pro, that I use for practice at home, and for a backup, or to put on the other side of the stage if I need. My other cabs are a Hartke 410XL and an ampeg 15HEN or something like that. Here's a pic, with them on the sides...

Comment

Whoa! Nice collection there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I just scored an Ampeg SVT3-Pro off Ebay. I'm thinking of getting the matching 4x10 cab for it.

Comment

You'll love it, it and a 410hlf cab are an awesome combination, if you can get one, I'd highly recomend it!

Comment

my buddy has a svt with the 8 x 10 cab. that mofo is sweet!
                          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Ampeg B2R, SVT4 and SVT5 rule! SWR makes decent stuff and even some of the stuff that Behringer has been sending us isn't too bad. I also remember liking Mesa Boogie's Bass 400+ or whatever that amp was called, and their new Walkabout is really cool too.

Comment

I blew up Two Hartke XL cabs with a GK 800 RB at not even half volume in 1988 ....screw those cabs in there lame ass....farting bastages ..Carvins Carvins Carvins .....did I say Carvins ...best bang for the buck PERIOD!

I like Ampeg 8 10 cabs but I'm not going to ever carry that refrigerator SOB again....Carvins smoked them anyways ..

Hey Dude Nice fuggin MARSHALLS!!!!!!!!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X