Trem Spaced Vs. Regular P/ups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem Spaced Vs. Regular P/ups.

Does it matter too much if I installed a regular (non trem spaced) bridge humbucker in my Floyded Warrior? I'm thinking that it won't affect the sound so much. I think that Jackson even puts trem-spaced hums in their string thru guitars sometimes.

Re: Trem Spaced Vs. Regular P/ups.

It won't affect sound much if any. It's mostly an aesthetic thing, pole pieces aligned with the strings. No big issue imo.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Alright, Thank You. I was really worried about that being an issue. I got a George L. Screamin' Demon on the way, and it was such a good deal, I didn't even think to check on something like that.

Comment

You know that's funny. My experience with this comes from having a non-tremspaced Screamin' Demon mounted in a Floyded guitar [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Haha, thats pretty good. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

i personally don´t like a reg pup in a floyded axe soundwise
            i do hear a difference
            the balance between the strings is not right then
            and you get a "lazy" E string (esp the low E string, the high is not as bad)
            maybe i do notice the differences because i´m tuned down to C (11-52 strings) but i do notice them

I´m even wondering if there are tremspaced blade pups?
            for example my SD SH13s(dimebuckers) lack the low E compared to my OBL 900 XL (wich has extra long blades)

andy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I´m even wondering if there are tremspaced blade pups?
              for example my SD SH13s(dimebuckers) lack the low E compared to my OBL 900 XL (wich has extra long blades)

andy

[/ QUOTE ]
              No, blade pickups are considered to be universal and only come in that one configuration. I guess different manufacturers make their blades different lengths, though? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Never heard of that.
              The Invader is also universal because of the huge magnet pieces.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actually, I can't wait to get the Invader out of My Warrior, I really don't like it at all.

Comment

Working...
                X