JACKSON PERFORMER HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JACKSON PERFORMER HELP

a couple of questions, i have acquired a japanese performer which i was told one of the pickups didnt work however when I got it home it seems to work fine I am right in thinking the three way switch allows bridge/ bridge/neck neck configuration? and the three pots comprise of a volume pot for each pick up and one for tone? My main question is that the pick ups have been played with and seem miles away from the strings( maybe a reason for a pick up not allegedly working) I am of the opinion to leave well alone now. However How do i Set the height of the pick ups and adjust the action and intonation to get this axe sweet? Thanks In advance

Re: JACKSON PERFORMER HELP

There should be screws on the pickup ring in the middle at either side that you can tighten to raise the pickups...Adjusting the action involves using an allen key to raise or lower the bridge by adjusting the height of the pivot posts that the Floyd rests on...Intonating a Floyd is a pain in the ass and I've never done it myself so I can't help you on that one...

Comment

I've heard it can be a paon, but what height should the pick ups be from the bottom of the strings any ideas??

Comment

About 3/16th of an inch. If I remember correctly.( About 6mm) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

thanks, these fellas are way out 10-11 mm , The strings on this axe are well shot the guitar is dusty looks like its been laid up for some time.Any ideas what gauge of string is best to restring her with? Any ideas why the pick up may be working when it wants? I am tempted to leave alone whats not broke but I guess the problem could re appear and I want to be ready for it

Comment

The way a pickup works is as the string fibrates it picks up the waves. The pickup has to be close enough to be in that wave pattern but not too close for the strings to hit it. It's a trial and error procedure, but 100mm is way too far away. Play with the adjustments until each pickup gives you the sound you want. Sometimes a little closer and sometimes a little farther away.. I would bet you there is a loose wire going to the switch. If the internal pickup wiring was broken you would propably get no noise out of it at all.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
            X