Truss Rod Key Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss Rod Key Size?

What size hex socket tool do I need to buy to adjust the truss rod on my DXMG? The damn 5th fret is buzzing like no tomorrow if I lower the action to a comfortable level and it seems like the truss rod tension is causing the problem...

Thanks guys!

Re: Truss Rod Key Size?

Man...I could be wrong on this, but my USA's have 1/4" hex nuts on the truss rod.....I don't know if it would be different on imports tho.....

Hopefully I helped ya out....if not....sorry dude [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome, thanks! I figure it'll be the same, I just had no clue where to start...thanks again!

Comment

Hmm, I've always thought it was 3/16ths inch, which is 1/16th of an inch shy of 1/4". At least that's what I've been using on my Jacksons and acoustics. My Ibanez, well, that has a bullet truss rod, so that requires a different key entirely. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I just got this wrench set from Stew Mac - http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Sp...rench_Set.html

Works great - especially for getting at the truss rod nut under khaler locks.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Sorry, but I thought I'd bring this thread back, instead of creating another one. So, what size truss rod wrench do I need for my U.S.A RR?

Comment

Ok, I just got the 1/4 from stewmac and it wasn't right! [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] please!!!

Comment

Working...
              X