Pickup switch replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup switch replacement

Hey guys...I need to replace the 3-way p/u switch in my Ibanez LP copy.The question is will any 3-way work say from Radio Shack or would one from G.C. for a gibson or Ibanez be of better audio quality?
    Is there anything I can do to the old one to get it to work since it appears to just be a mechanical malfunction? Do they wear out or what?......thanx charlie

P.S. The Ibanez is a deluxe 59er model which has gold plated pickups with a picture of a hand with butterfly wings etched on the covers. Does anybody know what these are? They actually sound pretty good! The other guitarist in the group thinks they sound better than what's in his Gibson L.P. Deluxe.

Re: Pickup switch replacement

A regular Gibson LP (Switchcraft) switch would probably be your best bet. They do wear out occasionally. I think GC sells these off the Gibson rack for about $15 or so.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Re: Pickup switch replacement

any three way toggle should work, but your best bet is a gibson type since they are designed to fit in the miniscule cavity on the guitar. YOu could try cleaning it first with some contact cleaner, but they do wear out, and chances are you would be cleaning it on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
      X