Uk Distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk Distribution

does anyone know roughly when i will be able to get a jackson in the uk?

i really want to get a rx10d but since there are no one distributing jacksons to the uk then i am having trouble getting one

importing from the us would cost too much and i am only getting a cheaper jackson anyway

David

Re: Uk Distribution

Hi David!
    Sucks over here don't it?
    Seeing how many cool guitars there are "Over There" ,and how comparatively cheap! [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
    Hopefully the whole Fender thing may open up a better UK distribution network.
    Still,welcome aboard,it's fun and you'll learn stuff! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ January 02, 2003, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: Snoogans ]

Comment

i was on the old board for ages but never got round to joining the new one [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

hopefully the fender deal will get us some cheaper guitars

David

Comment

Hey! Do you go to the Regent Guitars forum? I recognise your sig line from when I've browsed there a coupla times. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Well, I'm from the UK too, and maybe it would be cheaper. Try somewhere like OnlineStageGear, GuitarXpress or (god forbid [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) Musician'sFriend and see if they could save you some cash. I checked out the Custom's website and you're charged 3.5% Import Tax on the item plus shipping, and then 17.5% VAT on the Item+Shipping+Import Tax. Its calculated per item, and items valued at less than £18 are exempt. You can get some good deals, probably the best shop I've seen over here is Machinehead. You could give them a look, even though they're quite expensive still. I made a thread here (Importing a Jackson?) a few days ago and an example of the cost of importing a 'cheap' guitar (a Import Jackson String Thru - DKMGT) and found it to be worthwhile, though I need to do another test, cos I calculated it slightly wrong. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: I'm in the process of doing some calculations, so I'll do one on a X Series Randy Rhoads for you. However, Percy Priors has a lot of Jacksons, but as usual in the UK, the prices are steep. Well worth a look though, definately [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ January 02, 2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Luke ]

Comment

yeah i go to regent guitars regularly, my name there is the enema (im gonna try and change my name here back to it), whats yours?

David

Comment

I haven't regged there, I just check it out every once in a while. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

When I've worked out the cost of getting an RX10D from either/or OnlineStageGear or GuitarXpress, I'll post that here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Soho SoundHouse (Turnkey) in Charing Cross road - London. stock Jackson's - i think there stock is diminishing but i just bought a beaut. of a DR3 for £300 less than list! They were doing SL3's for £699! (i just missed the last one).

Comment

I'm in the UK and have bought a few things from the US and for me it only really works well on more expensive guitars......I bought a USA DK1 last year for £650 in a sale at Soho Soundhouse, but their usual prices aren't great. Jeff (Machinehead)is a good guy, and there was a guy at Dawsons who was really helpful as well. The Guitar, Amp and Keyboard centre used to have a few intesting USA guitars as well. Percy Priors prices are a joke - more or less full rrp, but they might offer £50 or free shipping on a 2 grand soloist!
                Cheers
                Ian
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

YES! The UK sucks for guitars. Im up in Lancashire by the way. I bought a mint Charvel 650XL for 200 notes and Im still made up [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Im still gloating [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Hehehe.
                  You might've seen it, its dark metallic green.

James

Comment

Yet another reason I'm happy to be an American. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's it for an RX10D from OnlineStageGear! The Brit prices are quoted from Percy Priors. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Jackson RX10D Solid = $399.99
                      Jackson RX10D Trans. = $429.99

Shipping = $399.99+$85 = $484.99
                      Shipping = $429.99+$85 = $514.99

Import Tax = 484.99 * 1.035 = $501.96465
                      Import Tax = 514.99 * 1.035 = $533.01465

VAT = 501.96465 * 1.175 = $589.8084638
                      VAT = 533.01465 * 1.175 = $626.2922138

Conversion from $ to £

$589.8084638 = £370.0761251
                      $626.2922138 = £392.9679038

British RRP = £459.00
                      British RRP Trans Colours = £459.00+40 = £499.00

Amount Saved = £459.00-£370.0761251 = £88.9238749

Final Price = £370.08
                      Amount Saved = £88.92

Amount Saved = £499.00-£392.9679038 = £106.0320962

Final Price = £392.97
                      Amount Saved = £106.03

I might do it for GuitarXpress as well. Hope this helps you! Its a fair saving, £90-105-ish. Definately worthwhile, I'd say, that is, if you wanna go for it. I've noticed that Soho SoundHouse seem to have a few guitars at great prices, but those prices don't last long, and anyways,, I worked that a Soloist from OSG or a Solid colour from GuitarXpress would be less than £699 anyway. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah,James,we still all hate you for that 650XL! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X