Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• real old soloist prototype

Help!
    I have a Soloist. I got it around '83 or '84 and the guy I bought it from had it a little while before that. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, he had two. Hand painted white logo (sure looks hand painted anyway) on black head stock. No serial number. Bound neck. Wide neck. Set neck - not neck through. Dot inlays, 2 humbucker, old Floyd Rose, red paint.

A few years ago the Jackson web site had archives of early factory photos and an identical, assembled model without paint was in one of the photos hanging on a rack.

How do I date this sucker and authenticate it?

Tom Fergus

Re: real old soloist prototype

With no serial it's hard to estimate a year - are there initials in the trem cavity under the springs? Are you *sure* it's not a neckthrough? The old San Dimas neckthrough heel was huge like a bolt-on heel, and may have been edged to look like a set neck.

Look under the hums for a sticker or other identifying marks? I don't know how to date Jacksons that old unless you track down the original hang tags.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sounds like the one Spacey-T was holding in that "Big Jackson ad". That was a set neck as well.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Thanks, I'll use your suggestions and check it. Although I must admit I'm not real excited about half taking it apart! Thanks again.

Comment

IT sounds like one of the Proto.

Spacey T's had one Hum.

Post some pictures
          if you want you can email them to me and i can post them for you

[email protected]

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] The Holy Grail [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            could be??

Comment

Working...
            X