Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to measure heel width on a Jackson Dinky Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to measure heel width on a Jackson Dinky Pro?

Hey guys,

I have a questions concerning how to properly measure the heel width of a Jackson Professional Dinky. Is it being measured at the very end of the neck or at a certain fret? I need to know it for a replacement neck that I need for my Dinky. Oh yeah, and if anyone knows that width from the top of his head ... which heel width would that be?
    Thanks a ton!

Holger

Re: how to measure heel width on a Jackson Dinky Pro?

Either 2 7/32" or 2 3/16" is standard - my tape measure always shows 2 7/32", which is halfway between 2 3/16" and 2 1/4"

I measure at the widest part of the heel just before the end (at the curve)

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: how to measure heel width on a Jackson Dinky P

thanks a lot Newc. It probably is really inbetween there. I have found the same neck of a DR-5 and the seller says it's 2 1/4", on another aftermarket neck it says 2 3/16". So it probably depends on the eye of the person measuring.

Comment

Re: how to measure heel width on a Jackson Dinky P

Probably so. Even if it's a bit big you can sand the pocket of the body a little to make it fit. I had a Warrior body (WRXT) that wouldn't accept a different neck I was putting on it, then I noticed the pocket had some paint/clearcoat overlapping the edge into the pocket - I just sanded it down and the neck fit perfect [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X