Ric1983

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ric1983

I hate the fact that this is my first post here... I really never knew about this place until I heard someone at Vintage Kramer mention it.. I used to own a beautiful '86 Model 6 w/ a Kahler, but she had to sadly be sold for other things.. Anyway, the reason I am posting this, and many of you may not even take me seriously because I'm new and not very vocal on the forums, but I have a problem with one of the members.. This is regarding this thread from awhile back...
    http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...;f=10;t=004379
    I contacted Ric1983 and told him I would hook him up with the pickups he was asking for in return for the PODXT.. He was skeptical at first (I don't blame him) but said that if I sent the pickups first, that we were in business... He's had the pickups since April 28th, emailed to say that he received them and that is the last I've heard from him.. I've emailed him a few times and called him at the number he gave me... He's never home according to whoever actually lives there and has never returned my calls.. I thought for awhile that people are busy and he may even be on the road... But he hasn't even attempted to communicate once since he received the pickups. So as of now I feel that I'm out $400 in pickups.. He hasn't posted on JCF since late May, so I wonder if he's using a different nick or just avoiding the situation altogether.
    So that's the situation.. I'd avoid him if he ever shows up again... If he does come through and I do receive the POD, then I will edit this post to a positive one.. Right now though it is definitely negative feedback as far as I'm concerned..
    Hopefully you guys will believe this and know that I'm not just blowing smoke.. But for now, all I can do is wait or just own up to the fact that I got ripped off.. It looks like the majority of you guys have good luck with the classifieds, so I figured I'd take my chances...
    Thanks for listening
    modelsix
    ps: I changed my nick, because it was just stupid and I never posted with it anyway.....

Re: Ric1983

I'm really sorry this has happened but I must say that he is really a good guy as far as I know. When I was going to purchase an XT he did everything he could to help me make up my mind and gave me all the info I needed to make my decision. As a matter of fact, he actually asked me what I thought about this deal(I'm assuming it was with you) and if I thought it was a fair deal. You actually have me a bit worried that something may actually be wrong as this just doesn't seem like him to do something like this. He has always been a great guy to talk with and I can't imagine him doing this to anyone. I'm not saying you're making this up at all but I want you to know that I think this is out of character as far as I know. I realize we are all on the internet but never did I think he would do this so I think something's up. I hope it all works out for you bro and please let us know if you find out anything ok? Good luck..
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yeah something is definitely weird... He was all gung ho and very cordial right up until the point he was supposed to send me the POD... It's going on 2.5 months since he has had the pickups and if he is not happy for whatever reason I would be happy to understand... I haven't been short with him in the least... So I hope everything works out too and I'm not trying to cause a fuss around here I promise... I still have the emails and tracking number so I can show ya how it went down.. I'm just a bit frustrated.. He gave me every indication that it was a done deal and I saw that he was fairly regular here, so I took my chances.. Anyway, thatnks for the reply and understanding and like I said I"m not here to cause a commotion in the least, I like the community of musicians that the internet has brought together and just wanted to do my part to help..

Comment

<font color="aqua">I just wanted to update this post as modelsix had asked if I would help him try and work this out with him and Ric1983. Let me once more say that me and Ric had many conversations about gear and such and I would never have an ill word to say about him.

That said, I got the phone number of Ric and called him to see if he was ok, because quite honestly, I thought there may be something wrong with him. I'm not sure who the women was on the other end but she informed me that Ric is perfectly fine and that she doesn't get involved in Ric's dealings. I asked her to please have Ric call me if he would so I could maybe help settle this. So far I haven't received a call or an email but I really hope he does soon and I truly hope that everything in this deal will be resolved. </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks Budman...

You really don't have to go through the trouble.. It's my problem, not yours... But I appreciate your efforts and I am glad that the majority of the people online have the common dencency that you do and are willing to go the extra mile to help out.. It's going on 3 months now and still nothin... So that's the story, I hope you all believe me and thanks again Budman for your assistance..

Comment

Just an update.... OK actually not really..

Haven't heard from this guy in over 3 months now.. No PODXT to be found... The very first time I called the number he gave me, A man answered the phone, kinda stumbled on his words for a second and then porceeded to say that Ric should be right in as he is gonna fix my air conditioner.. It was probably Ric that answered the phone that day, as every other time i've called there for the last three months, a woman has answered the phone and always says that she doesn't know when he'll be in or he should be in later.. needless to say I either get an answering machine, her, or nothin... So he is obviously avoiding the situation.. He has updated his profile here and deleted the yahoo groups he had a link to in there... He hasn't logged in as himself since may 24th.. he doesn't respond to emails.. Not too long ago I talked to his brother that lives a few blocks away from the address he gave me.. The brother doesn't know where he is, doesn't have a phone number, so he proceeds to give me their sisters number.. She hasn't seen or heard from Ric in over two years.. Sorry to bother you ma'am... So back to square one.. I've seen him post POD presets on the Line6 site.. I'm gonna look for some forum posts maybe.. He can't hide forever.. There are only certain places that musicians really hangout online.. So that will be easy to cover those bases.. It's something to do when I'm bored.. I won't let this go.. I'm even more pissed that the PODXts now go for $299 brand new and I gave him $400 worth of pickups with free shipping.. Oh yeah and they just released those model packs for the XT, so it would be one bad son of a bitch loaded up I'm sure.. So yeah, there are those kinds of people out there.. even the ones you think are pretty cool.. They play cool, suck you in and then screw you.. I don't really care about $400.. It's a moral and trust issue.. So don't let some of these guys fool you.. Most of you have great relationships and are able to do this kind of thing.. Just watch out for the one that's not gonna come through though.. If I think of anything else to bore you with, I'll at it later..

Peace
            [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

look who I found on the Line6 forums!!

DetroitRic

http://line6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb....amp;u=00003757

I know he hasn't posted there in a while either.. but that's what his profile here used to look like

Comment

Here's the band he is no longer part of if any of you know of them..

http://www.sacred-realm.com/news.htm

Comment

just a bump, nothing from Ric yet... If anyone thinks they are dealing with this guy, let me know and i'll give you the personal info he gave me so you don't get screwed like I did... The last address he gave me was in Taylor MI.. I see some more bad feedback popping up recently so I just want to keep you guys away from this guy.. He hasn'y posted on the JCF in a long time.. In fact since the day he got what I sent him.. So he has probably changed nicks and moved on by now.. His name is Ric Dulz.!!

Comment

OK ..after reading this and a little detective work I can tell you he was trying to trade that POD as late as 5/31/04 and your claiming he received the pu's april 28th. He had no intention of following through with this deal. His account with the JCF is being suspended so if anyone here sees this indivual logged in under another name please report it to an admin ...
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...681#Post278984
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Whaddafuggindouchebag. For a minute there I thought you were going to give the guy's name and address as Don Billingsley 401 W. Church St #24 Thorntown Indiana [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        (BTW, that particular douchelick owes me $565 for a bass that never showed up) He gave me the exact same runaround Ric gave modelsix - friendly phone and emails until he gets what he wants, then no show, then wife says he's out, then answering machine.

Turn the bastard over to the FBI's Internet Fraud Complaint Center detailing everything at www.ifccfbi.gov

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Modelsix you have a PM!
                          According To The Prophecy

Comment

Thanks guys.... It's been a crappy situation all the way around... Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop just in case he tries to pull something on one of you

I'll keep you posted if I decide to go ahead with anything further

peace

Comment

This sucks. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                              X