Never close your mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never close your mind

I know this has nothing to do with Jackson Charvel, ect.

In another topic I went on about how I hated Death Metal, NU Metal.. yadda yadda....

I like "Hair Bands", "Light and Cute" Ect..
    I like them because they have very singable melodies, and becase (some of them even had exceptional guitarists.)

I grew up in a time when Judas Priest was considered "hard" "Helloween" is about as agressive as I can get

My tastes range from Opera, Classical to Hard Rock/Heavy Metal

Hell, I'm so soft at times I think the Eagles are perhaps the most talented group of song writers, ever.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But I digress.. I shouldn't disparage another form of music.. there probably is some great Death Metal, Grindcore out there.. I just haven't heard any yet.

So Enjoy your wall-o-sound, high impact grind/thrash/death Metal

I'm just glad it's not Britney Spears. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Never close your mind

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] yeah...

Comment

Death metal may not have very singable melodies, but the guitar melodies often more than make up for it.

I remember never being able to bring myself to like death metal, but it just grew on me like cancer... and I was shocked to realize that I loved the death style.

Just my experience. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry, but I'll take Britney over any death metal band..............

Comment

I'm weird, I like a lot of stuff:

Heavy Metal
          Shred
          Classical
          80s Hair Bands
          Some newer stuff of today
          Japanese Pop
          Jazz
          Death Metal
          New Age

Yes, I listen to stuff from Japanese Pop to Death metal... man I'm strange... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I like techno ! in fact i love kraftwerk.

Comment

All of Tori Amos' catalog is in my cd collection... right next to Napalm Death! Yes, I gave up on alphabetizing it years ago! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                I'm weird, I like a lot of stuff:

Yes, I listen to stuff from Japanese Pop to Death metal... man I'm strange... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude! That don't make you strange.. It just shows you've got appreciation for ALLOT of different types of music.... Now if you could just learn to appreciate the newer metal for what it's worth, all would be right in the world! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I like techno ! in fact i love kraftwerk
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"And now it's time we dance..." I love kraftwerk.

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com
                  www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Troy, I appreciate some of their rythmn skills and singing ability.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

It's just missing one part...a guitar solo!!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow! You saying that just made me realize something... Matt and I have been in a bit of a writing frenzy as of late. We've literaly got a good 5 songs or so on the burner right now pretty much complete. Not a SINGLE solo in any of them. That's actually pretty strange! I'll have to bring that up at next practice heheheh

Comment

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] You are a Rebel!
                        I know this has nothing to do with Jackson Charvel, ect.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Only n00bs post non-Jackson/Charvel topics in

"General discussion about anything you would like." [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        You're blazing your own trails - no boundries for the likes 'o you!
                        [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                        =========
                        It was actually a pretty cool post 2L2O, quite enlightened. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        I just wanted to make you have to sift through my random, off-topic musings in the hope that I might actually address the posted topic... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by nor:
                          Only n00bs post non-Jackson/Charvel topics in

"General discussion about anything you would like." [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          You're blazing your own trails - no boundries for the likes 'o you!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A smart-arse in every thread - that's the JCF Guarantee! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

http://www.attrition.org/gallery/com...rong_forum.jpg

JCF won't take bad words, so replace the * with an i and go there fewl!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A smart-arse in every thread
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I resemble that remark! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
                              X