Gene Simmons - Firestarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Simmons - Firestarter

Anyone heard this yet? He does a cover of The Prodigy Firestarter. My opinion: HORRIBLE!!!

It sounds like they just erased Keith's vocals, and Gene put his own in instead. Let's just say that with a worn out old American guy singing, it's just not the same.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Gene Simmons - Firestarter

I heard part of this while listening to Mancow on the radio at work this morning. It was o.k. I was never a big fan of the original, though. I really didn't hear that much of difference. Gene did an interview with Mancow as well. Overall, he seems like a pretty intelligent guy. He must have done it for the cash.

Comment

Gene is a very intelligent guy. He was a teacher b4 Kiss and speks several languages fluently. For the most part he is the business genious behind Kiss...
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

And he's not some worn out old American guy, he was born in Isreal. Sure he can be a pain with some of his decisions and all he wants these days is MORE of our money, but he is a living legend. And smart too. He'll debate you under the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
          He must have done it for the cash.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What *doesn't* that guy do for cash?
          [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Travis:
            He must have done it for the cash.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What *doesn't* that guy do for cash?
            [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shannon Tweed?

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby:
              And he's not some worn out old American guy, he was born in Isreal. Sure he can be a pain with some of his decisions and all he wants these days is MORE of our money, but he is a living legend. And smart too. He'll debate you under the table.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know he was born in Israel, but he's been in the U.S. since he was a kid, so therefore he IS American. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Smart or not, pulling off a half assed cover of a song that shouldn't be sung by an old American guy, is not a smart business move.

Worn out!! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Did I mention he's old?

Oh, and balding too!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But having said that, I am a Kiss fan!

Comment

Gene was born Chaim Witz in Haifa, Israel in 1949. That makes him 54 years old. I got lots more Gene trivia! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm about halfway through his SEX MONEY KISS book-damn that man will do anything for a dollar. He even talks about when he was a kid, and people would roll pennies down the street to see if he would pick them up because he's a jew. HE WOULD DO IT AND SAVE UP THE PENNIES! How true it is, I can't say, but he's damn wealthy and has more money coming in every day. Props to GENE.

Comment

Working...
                    X