Calling you auto experts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling you auto experts...

What the hell is this and what does it do???? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks...

Re: Calling you auto experts...

A. What the hell did you pull it off of?
    B. Where in the hell did you it pull it off of? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

My teacher in Auto shop gave it to me as extra credit, and I really need it. Um, one clue he gave me was that it isn't on ALL cars and trucks. I think it has something to do with the panneling? I really dont know. HELP! [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

I looks like the pin that holds the brakes shoes on.On drum brakes they have two pins that go from the backing plate through the shoes to hold them on.They usally have a washer and lock style washer (it has a hold just big enough to fit the tip of the pin throuh and you twist to lock)and spring to hold them in place.That is my guess.
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

You win the golden brake shoe award!!!! Yep, it certainly appears to be a backing plate pin to hold the brashoes to the backing plate..

Drum brake shoes, becoming thing of the past...

Comment

Thanks a bunch guys!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Model 88:
              I looks like the pin that holds the brakes shoes on.On drum brakes they have two pins that go from the backing plate through the shoes to hold them on.They usally have a washer and lock style washer (it has a hold just big enough to fit the tip of the pin throuh and you twist to lock)and spring to hold them in place.That is my guess.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd have to concur
              [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

DAmn, I thought it was an engine valve. I guess no more shadetree mechanics for me....

Comment

I was gonna vote tobacco tool for a pipe smoker...

K
                  The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Mike is definitely correct. Rear brake hold down pin.

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
                      DAmn, I thought it was an engine valve. I guess no more shadetree mechanics for me....
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">could be an engine valve....in a honda [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i bought a chevy 350 once that had 1.72 intake valves........needless to say those cylinder heads met the trash.........got a nice 4 bolt main "010" block out of the deal though.....was destined for my camaro, but i just sold that the other night

Comment

Working...
                      X