Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro Question

Does anyone record with Guitar Tracks Pro Software? I have version 2.0.

The problem I'm having that drives me nuts is trying to change drum tempo after the drum tracks are imported in. Right now I'm having to guess at a song's best tempo, set it, then import the drum clip. If its too slow/fast after hearing it, I have to delete it, change tempo, then import it AGAIN, over and over until its right. The reason is that when I type in a tempo change WITH the drum track present, the audio quality is affected and sounds horrible after its changed! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyone have a solution??? I use the drum tracks from the software disc. (SmartLoops)

Thanks alot.

Re: Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro Question

You must mean when importing loops. If a loop tempo is not close to the tempo of your intended song, forget it, it will be affected too much. Guitar Trax is not powerful enough a peice of software to change loops tempo without affecting pitch. More elaborate editing software can do that. I dont use loops, I program all my drums myself and don't have to worry about it.

Whe you say guess at a songs best tempo, I don't know what you mean? If you wrote it, play along to a clicktrack beforehand and decide a tempo. If its a cover, use a metronome and find the correct tempo (older material will drift back and forth - go with a middle ground). Tempo should be settled before you record.

This might be a dumb question...but you know that the disc has a condensed version of Fruityloops on it so you can program away?

Comment

Thanks, I thought it might be the software but thought I could've just been doing it wrong. I've been using a combination of "individual drum hits" with loops, and copying and pasting to build the tracks. Its a pain in the ass!

I had a hard time figuring out Fruity Loops when I first checked it out. Maybe I'll just have to figure out how to use it. I'm limited right now as to drum fills with cakewalk. I do covers mostly, and have a hard time getting the tempos correct.

Appreciate the info.

Comment

I build drum tracks in Leafdrums (find it on the net) and bring them into GuitarTrax. The condensed version of FruityLoops that comes with GT kinda sucks, IMO. In Leafdrums you can program the entire song at once as one file, and can break the measure into 64th notes instead of the 16th limit in GT FLoops, giving many more options. You do have to scour the web or otherwise for decent drum samples and import them into leafdrums, though, since the ones that come with it are as bad as the ones with Fruityloops.(eurobeat sounding junk)

Comment

You'd think someone would create Rock / Heavy Metal drum loops and fills for download but they're almost impossible to find. Everything I find is like you said, Euro, pop, r&b crap.

I'll check out Leafdrums.

Thanks

Comment

I d/l a load of free loops from here http://www.btinternet.com/~e.drummer/

then make up drum tracks using ACID 2.0 ( I think,came free with my soundcard) then export that to my recording programe .

Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf11:
              I d/l a load of free loops from here http://www.btinternet.com/~e.drummer/

then make up drum tracks using ACID 2.0 ( I think,came free with my soundcard) then export that to my recording programe .

Wolf
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks. The website must be down at the moment, the free drum loop page wasn't available so I'll check back later. So they have Metal style drum loops?

Comment

Yeah there are a few metal ish beats,not great but better than most other stuff I have found .The cool thing is they are played on a real kit so sound nice and authentic

I would send you them but I'm on dial up...and there are quite a lot of mb's of beats .

Wolf

Comment

Working...
                X