• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare metal albums vinyl only!!

What do you own???
    Vinyl only!!
    I will start it off with 2:

The Scorpions-- Virgin Killers (the one with the teenage girl with the crack in the glass right in front of her hey nanni-nanni). They changed the album cover very soon after its release.

Judas Priest--Sad Wings of Destiny (1976 Gull Records) the label changed to either CBS or Columbia soon after its 1st pressing.

Re: Rare metal albums vinyl only!!

Ive got a Judas Priest british import 45 from I think 1982 (I'm not at home to check) with 5 songs such as Green Manalishi, Exciter, Tyrant. I also have a rare Screaming for Vengeance color "Picture Disc" front and back that I was given in 1985 by an Uncle who at that time was a record promoter. Those picture discs were only given to radio stations for promotional purposes and were NOT sold! I also had a rare Motley Crue, Helter Skelter picture disc that I sold to a friend for $75.00 who still has it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Metallica - Jump in the Fire 12" single

(not really metal, but rare)Dweezil Zappa - My
      Mother is a Space Cadet

a bootleg double vinyl release of a 1981 concert by Iron Maiden right after Bruce joined the band.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Not really rare or metal, I guess, but I have the Quiet Riot album with Randy and the guys in the locker room with the Japanese writing on the paper band around the jacket.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I have the first Body Count with Cop Killer on it which was removed I think

I also have a 12" version of Jump in the Fire (this is rare?)

and a 12" Creeping Death (? what about this one then?)

Someone once insisted my Ride the Lightning and Kill Em' All were "collector's items" since they are both Megaforce pressings. I guess I thought they were full of crap. I have no idea.

I have a Pink Floyd 45 of "When the Tigers Broke Free/ Bring the Boys Back Home" a promo only single of film music from the Wall

that would be about it. Nothing really too exciting I suppose.

Comment

Just about every Maiden EP up to 7th Son on vinyl along with picture discs.

I have the following Venom picture disks: At War With Satan and Possessed.

I also have all my Maiden on vinyl up to No Prayer.

Lets see...Rough Cutt's first one, Accept: Balls to the Wall, Restless and Wild, Metal Heart.

Armored Saint's first EP.

Warlord's Deliver Us. Still has the t shirt order form.

Comment

I was always under the belief for some reason that the Lynyrd Skynyrd Street Survivors LP with the original flame cover was this really rare and valuable thing. Now I see that its worth like $15. Yee haw. I did discover though that all my old Zappa records on the original labels are worth pretty good coin. I have about 250 records, probably 70% metal. I guess I'll hang on to them all.

Comment

mudkicker:

Which love at first sting cover do you have? There were 2 actually. The first was the one with the girl getting the tattoo and apparently that was too racy (why, I have no idea...) and the second one was the band just walking towards the camera which was actually the album insert liner picture from the first version of that album. I bought both just for the hell of it.... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by STLKINGV:
                  They are not really metal, but.

Kiss: Originals (1st and 2nd printing)
                  " Creatures of the Night (Ace on cover)
                  Stryper: Yellow & Black Attack (yellow vinyl)
                  " Soldiers Under Commmand (white vinyl)
                  Motley Crue: Too Fast for Love (Leathur Records)

Adrian
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually all those bands WERE considered Metal in the 80's. What we have today is what Evolved from Metal of that era. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I know I grew up in the 80's.

Comment

I have an old Overkill LP... It's called Fuck You and it has the hand shooting the middle finger on the cover. Probably the rarest Album I have.

Comment

Originally posted by markpb:
                      I have the first Body Count with Cop Killer on it which was removed I think

I also have a 12" version of Jump in the Fire (this is rare?)

and a 12" Creeping Death (? what about this one then?)
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Cop Killer cover was banned... I've got both versions, though on cd.

I've got the 12" picture disc of Creeping Death.

I *had* the 12" pictured disc of Jump In The Fire, not the regular version but the one shaped like the demon. I believe one of my brother's friends stole it from my house when we went on vacation one year. [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Pig-shaped 7" WASP picture disc of Animal (Fuck Like A Beast).

Original banned artwork 12" picture disc of Exodus' Pleasures Of The Flesh (jungle/cannibal scene of band members). [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Stryper - Yellow & Black Attack blue vinyl.

Original Kiss Creatures Of The Night LP.

Original Kiss Creatures Of The Night blue vinyl.

A bunch of other Iron Maiden, WASP, Mercyful Fate, Anthrax LPs and picture discs I can't recall offhand.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                        mudkicker:

Which love at first sting cover do you have? There were 2 actually. The first was the one with the girl getting the tattoo and apparently that was too racy (why, I have no idea...)
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the version I've got. I don't think I ever saw the one with the band on the cover.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not really rare, but I, too, have

stryper-soldiers under command-white vinyl

and I still have

every VH with DLR,
                          Dokken Under Lock and Key,
                          Malmsteen's Trilogy,
                          a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
                          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Every Loudness album from 1981-1987
                            Accept - Kaizoku Ban (1986)
                            Metallica - GarageDays
                            RATT - EP
                            GreatWhite - EP
                            Stryper -EP (yellow)
                            Leatherwolf - EP
                            Hellion - EP
                            Shit, just about every LA band from 1981-1987 who dared press an indie record on vinyl!

anyone remember Laaz Rockit or Hans Nasty?!?!

Comment

Dave
                              I have the one with the girl getting the tattoo.

Comment

Working...
                              X