Kicked out because of noise!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicked out because of noise!?!

As some of you know we're relocating Easton Guitars here in Fort Worth and we've been moving into a new place for a couple weeks now. Well...there's a funny story that came up because of it. The original space we were moving into, I say WERE because... well the landlord got pisst off and well...we had to find a new place. Kicked out before we even opened up!!! All I did was fire up the stack one day and play a couple bars of Crazy Train!! I asked the guy when I signed the paperwork if he minded noise and lots of it. "Nah, you won't bother the folks around you. If so they'll have to get over it" I remember it very well. Should have written it down in the contract. Either way, within 48 hours after that, not even fully moved in, he tore up the agreement and well...we're on the road again. No big deal, most everything was yet to be unpacked. But I've gotta go rip out the wall hangers and stuff and move em down the road. Kinda feeling gypsy right now. We found a bigger place, little more cash, nicer area and it's in writing on the contract that dam near anything below jet take offs are ok with the management! In fact, the landlord plays guitar, kinda cool. Maybe I can work a trade during the lean months!

The new place used to be a pizza parlor about a year ago so we've gotta gut it and start from the concrete and replace a lot of stuff. I was wanting stainless steel walls but hey, think I'll save that cash for beer money and just paint it after I bleach the smell of pizza outta the place!! Pepperoni and black olives don't smell to sweet after a year in the heat. EEK! Either way, we'll make it work.

The moral of the story....get it in writing if you're going to annoy the neighbors and never trust a landlord who looks like opie taylor.

Long Live LOUD Rock and Roll!

Re: Kicked out because of noise!?!

Assholes don't appreciate good music [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck to you and your business.

Comment

Good Luck to you, KE!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Good luck on the move, Kev!!
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Sounds like a hell of a lot more work.
          I hate restaurants. Open up a floor box and there would be 2" of grease and shitloads of cockroaches in there.
          No good.
          Have fun. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm .Easton's guitar and Pizza ...

Jam while you wait for your order ...
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

hope they have loads of moist towelettes. Don't want greasy pizza fingers all o'er the shiny new axes!
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Heh. Brings new meaning to having a "specially formulated oil finish" on your necks, huh? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Good luck in the new digs, Kevin!

Comment

Oh Wow dude ...I just had new neighbors move in next door to me ...boy are they in for a surprise ... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

after hearing my onslaught of mass aural butchery ...they'll be beggin' for Crazy Train!!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, I hate whiners. I mean the guy knew what we were doing and I guess he was just oblivious to what noise a couple stacks make. Turns out some of the other tenants are an insurance company as well as a CPA and they griped to the guy so out we went. Joy. Eh, what fun, think I'll just do it out of the back of a van...mobile music. I do kinda like the idea of pizza and guitars though. But recalling all the times I had to work the NAMM shows and little johnny would come up, grab the most expensive custom I had on the wall and start wailing on it while he ate his bag of flamin hot Cheetos. Ahh, memories. I loved scrapin that junk off. I know some dealers who got those gtrs musta been wondering what kinda finish that was! Eh, scrap the pizza idea, just gtrs, amps, band instruments, etc.

Comment

The guitar shop I bought guitars from when I was in high school in Amarillo, Texas moved in to a old burger restaurant at one point. The restaurant was one of those retro '50s places, so they left most of that decor when they moved the guitar store there.

Comment

you wouldn't want to leave anything in this place!! NASTY! Well, I'm thinking of leaving the huge induction vent for the ovens for a dust collector unit for the woodshop area. Just gotta reconfigure the collection system on it.

It was a Mr. Jims, red, white, blue and lotsa grease and pepperoni chunks.

Comment

You mean that I can't fly my jet to your store??? Sominombatch!!!!!
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey KE~
                            I need to get out of Texarkana one Saturday and come see you when you get the new store up and running.

Comment

good luck on the move.
                              i just bought a new house and saw my neighbor, thought oh we will have problems here with me ridin harleys and playing guitar. then they came over to intro themselves and yeppers, we gonna have problems...the girl rides a ninja and plays acoustic, and is damn good looking to boot, guy just kinda hangs around trying to fit in [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X