Video outside Judas Priest venue from '86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video outside Judas Priest venue from '86

I've never seen this vid before, but man if this doesn't take you back to the 80s, nothin will! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

http://www.planetkrulik.com/hmpl.htm

BTW, someone else confirm the ages of the 1st couple they interview! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Re: Video outside Judas Priest venue from \'86

But you've heard of it right? The infamous Heavy Metal Parking Lot? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0322526/combined
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Brings a tear to my eyes. Man... I miss those days. I was exactly like that kid with the zebra pants and shirt who was bashing punk and Madonna. I hated the new MTV radio music at the time too. The chicks were super hot and easy and would give it up to any of us long haired rockers!

Comment

My fave part:
        The 20 year old guy going into the Air Force with the 13 year old girl.
        "I rather like young teenage girls." [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        What a perv.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
          ... The chicks were super hot ...
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought so too until I watched this video. I didn't see one hot chick in the whole thing! Kinda bummed me out... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

camera guy: "What would you do if you saw Rob Halford?"

Chick: "I'd jump his bones"

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
            RIP Dime

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E.:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jgcable:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought so too until I watched this video. I didn't see one hot chick in the whole thing! Kinda bummed me out... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There were certainly some hot chick cameo's in the video but the ones they focused on were pretty beat. Those were the types of girls we would get anyway. They would come to us with booze, drugs, no hassles and that kick ass groupie attitude if you were in a metal band. We would go to concerts totally spandex'd out with the giant hair, bandana's, feather earings, spikes, leather as a complete band and hand out flyers and pick up chicks at every local concert. The parking lot was the best part of a concert just like the dressing room (or the vans we used to carry our equipment) were the best part of a gig! 3 sets meant at least 2 chicks... sometimes 3. I wouldn't trade those days for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E.:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jgcable:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought so too until I watched this video. I didn't see one hot chick in the whole thing! Kinda bummed me out... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it is amazing. they used to look hot then, but they're all butt ugly today. And it's all cuz of the hair, clothes and make up. The 60's and 70's stood the test of times much better. Same thing for the dudes.. Priest look like such losers today compared to the Who for example.

Comment

But you've heard of it right? The infamous Heavy Metal Parking Lot?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, I haven't heard about it before this. Is it in Hollywood or metal folklore or something? I get the Independent channel on cable too and still haven't come across this! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

If you were anything like me, you were drunk/stoned most of the time.
                    That's why the women looked so much better.
                    [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Saw that tour! What an awesome time those years were. Best times! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The girls... The music... Playing out in clubs.... I am with JG... Glad to be part of it!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> But you've heard of it right? The infamous Heavy Metal Parking Lot?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, I haven't heard about it before this. Is it in Hollywood or metal folklore or something? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Didn't you read my link? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sure did. I just didn't know about the vid before I actually saw it. It's definitely a piece of 80s metal history!

Comment

Those were the good old days!!! I had more fun in High School in the 80's than I've had for the past 18 years. I can completely identify with those kids and the "High" you get from going to see your favorite band (and beer). Long Live "THE PRIEST!!!" [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll be seeing Priest for the 1st time this summer at Ozzfest. It should be good. I saw Halford in 2000 when he opened for Iron Maiden and Queensryche and he can still wail!

Comment

Working...
                              X