Stephen Lynch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Lynch?

Anybody here ever catch this guy live? He is F'n hysterical and sings perverted songs. I caught him last night at a local college, and nearly pissed myself laughing. You may have seen him on COmedy central or heard him on some of the morning comedy talk radio shows. If you are into stuff like that check out his website or download some of his songs.

Re: Stephen Lynch?

Cut the Mullet? That guy? Can't say I'm a fan, but I'm not really into the whole funny folky song thing anyway.

Comment

I have both his albums..I"m burning them for some friends right now. (listening to them as well)

FUCKING HILARIOUS.

Comment

Songs you should check out are...

Lullaby (divorce song)
        Special
        Gay
        Dr. Stephen
        Superhero
        Gerbil
        D&D
        Hermaphrodite
        Country Love Song
        For The Ladies

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
          Cut the Mullet? That guy? Can't say I'm a fan, but I'm not really into the whole funny folky song thing anyway.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't recall him ever having a song about Mullets. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I thoght you were talking about Steve Lynch from that 80's band Autograph ..

he was an amazing tapper ...one of the best..

had his own column in Guitar World at one time ...

just thought you should know this .. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Now I'll check out your Steve Lynch person.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah thats what i was thinking to Bill. Steve Lynch rocked and I loved his EKG Charvel. It was sweet. The solo in Turn up the Radio is still one of my favorites.
              Gil

Comment

We used to cover that tune back in '84...early '84!!

I saw them twice when he was a Crate endorsee...he's an amazing guitairst that fell off the planet ....too bad

now that metal seems to be making a comeback ...he just may appear again..just like so many others like Harry Cody...man what great guitarists!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

We used to cover that one back in the day as well. Autograph was a bit poppy for my taste but I always thought they had good songs and definitely some fine playing. Didn't someone (McD maybe?) metion a while back that Steve's working at FMIC in some capacity now?
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Yep ...very poppy ...but the solos always ruled like "Hammerhead"...amazing solos! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I never heard any cut the mullet song ...sounds nice though.. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Harry Cody/Shotgun Messiah.. one of lesser known favs...come to think of it, he should be listed in the Les Paul players thread.

Comment

Stephen Lynch...not Steve or George Lynch...there is no relation.

This lynch is funny...those 2 are not.

Comment

Drip,
                          Have you ever seen him live? I have heard most of his songs and seen him on TV a bunch of times, but he was 100 times funnier live. I wouldn't hesitate to drive a few hours to catch him again.

Comment

i want to really bad...but It looks like I missed my chance.

he was in boulder on teh 2nd of this month. I had to be somewhere that night. So...DAMNIT. [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

i'll have to catch him some other time. He'll be around for a while. The Superhero album is live..and its really great.

Comment

He is funny as hell. I am going to see him tomorrow night in the big easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X