Steve Smyth official 2nd guitarist w/NEVERMORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Smyth official 2nd guitarist w/NEVERMORE

It's Official: Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist STEVE SMYTH Joins NEVERMORE - Apr. 23, 2004

Former TESTAMENT guitarist Steve Smyth has officially joined NEVERMORE as the group's second guitarist. Smyth, whose departure from TESTAMENT was exclusively reported here last weekend, took part in the filming of NEVERMORE's video for the track "I, Voyager", off their most recent album, "Enemies Of Reality". Photos of Smyth and the rest of NEVERMORE at the video shoot can be viewed at this location (photos by Stephanie Cabral).

Smyth, who originally joined TESTAMENT in 1999, is expected to continue his involvement with DRAGONLORD, the "black metal" project led by TESTAMENT guitarist Eric Peterson. The group are presently working on the material for their long-awaited follow-up to 2001's "Rapture", tentatively due in early 2005. "We're still at the demo/writing stages of the [new DRAGONLORD] record, and hope to be close to completion sometime in July with the songwriting stage," Steve said.

-blabbermouth

Re: Steve Smyth official 2nd guitarist w/NEVERMORE

I'm not familiar with Steve's previous work but I have seen him live with Testament and Nevermore and the dude can throw down! Sucks that he's left Testament because it means it's gonna be that much longer till the next record and that makes me angry. On the other hand I'm glad to see him join Nevermore, now I wonder if he's gonna lay down some shred on the next record?
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Cool I got to meet him when they passed thru ..

cool dude , good player

I thought Tim Calvert was a awesome team with Loomis ...on some nights ..I think he gave Jeffrey a lesson or two...

I've talked to Tim a while back ...he gave me his number and I wanted to keep in touch without looking like some weirdo fucking fag groupie..

He flys for Continental Airlines ...or he used to ...he's got to pay the bills ..needs a steady check .

Unfortunately Heavy Metal doesn't do that...unless your Metallica ....oh shit , did I just say Heavy Metal and Meatllica in the same sentence ...Please forgive me!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

meatllica?

is that a typo...or are my eyes beholding the funniest play on their band name ever. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

it's actaully both you fucker ... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

It was suppose to be MEATALLICA..

but it came out Meatllica because I was typin' fast when high... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I think I like MEATLLICA better [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Maybe even MEATLICCA ...sounds like MEAT LICK A

you know Jeff told me his all time favorite albulm is Ride The Lightning [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ April 27, 2004, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
          X