No announcement yet.

Queensryche at the Beacon NYC tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queensryche at the Beacon NYC tonight.

Anyone else going? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Queensryche at the Beacon NYC tonight.

get ready to be blown away.
    i have not seen them since '96 or '97 but it was in a small place and they were incredible.
    the beacon is a great place to see a band. no bad seats and the sound is always tops.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Let us know how it went.....I saw 'em open for Metallica on the Justice Tour. They were better than Metallica...Queensryche is awesome.

Comment

Great show! I have seen them a few times. I also saw them open for Metallica before and I think Judas Priest for Operation Mindcrime was it??? Gettin old.... Can't remember. Anyway. Great show. The stage was set up with two huge screens so you got great close-ups of playing. Awesome. ESP's all the way through for both Wilton and Degarmo's replacement. On top of that they had a great animated show too... More on that in a minute. They were super tight as to be expected. Sound was great. The Beacon is a great place. I have never seen a bad show there ever! We were about 11 rows away from the stage. They opened up with all this new stuff that I was not really familiar with. One or two songs I knew like "Eye" (is that the name of it form the 94 album????) and "Sign Of THe Times" from the new disc. I was not really into it at that point of the show... Not because they did not sound great but because I did not know the material. Then they walk off stage after 6 or so songs and break out the acoustics. They do two songs that I don't know and now I am starting to think I am not going to hear anything that I know at all... Then they play "Silent Lucidity". And things are getting better.. For me anyways.. The crowd was into them before but not really going nuts... The houselights drop once again. Video screens go on and it is the old footage of "Operation Mindcrime" The crowd roars! Then the song begins and there is this Chick up on stage singing alternate parts with Tate throughout this portion of the set. His voice was incredible and she was singing alternate lines and backups. They acted out the songs and it got theatrical which was very cool along with the screens playing along with the lyrics of the songs they played. They did a bunch off of Operation Mindcrime "Operation Mindcrime"... I" Dont Believe in Love"... "Spreading the Disease"... 5 or 6 total with all the video from that tour as if they were touring that album when I saw it waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy back in the 80's. It was like stepping into a time machine. (No complaints here because that is the Queensryche I know and love!) After there set of stuff off of the O.M album they walk off the stage fo like 15 seconds and the lights drop again... Then they come back and the screens turn on with more video of pin-up girls and they go into "Jet City Woman"... "Empire" next and then finish off with "The Best I Can".

Dual guitar solos galore. They played the place for a solid two hours non-stop other than 2 very very short breaks for guitar changes or for someone to take a Jacket off or something...

Good time for sure.

They are playing tonight in Sayerville, NJ at the Starland Ballroom. Go see the show if you can!

Oh yeah! Symphony X opens up for them and they were tight as well. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw em as well this past Thursday in Boston. They were damn good, though I wasn't too knowledgeable on their newer material. The Mindcrime material was incredible as you said. BTW, the woman singing with them is Pamela Moore, and from what I understand, she sang the "Mary" parts on the original album. You can check out other people's comments about the tour on this thread:
          http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...;f=17;t=003605

I only caught the last 20 min of Symphony X even though we got there at the said showtime of 7 pm. Man, that guitarist can shred!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yep. I thought anyone that was into that whole story would have that knowledge. You are correct though. She played the character "Mary" in the scenes. I was unaware that she was the singer on the album though... Great show! I was speaking with my brother today and we were talking about the Mindcrime album and how it is like Heavy Metal's "The Wall"(Pink Floyd).... Heh heh. Good stuff.

Comment

They haven't lost anything with the exception Chris DeGarmo. I got to see them at Lamours in Brooklyn back in 1984 when The Warning came out. I got there early so I got to hear their soundcheck from outside which was pretty cool. I've seen them throughout the years and they've never failed to put on a great show. I also like their latest CD.

Comment

i was a l'amour junkie 86mod5.
                glad the show was awesome.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I saw them twice. Once back on the Building Empires tour, which was really a Operation:Mindcrime tour with three or four Empire songs (nothing wrong with that!). Suicidal Tendancies opened for them. That was perhaps the best concert I have ever seen. They nailed every note and the video, laser and light show was awesome! I also saw them in 2000 opening for Iron Maiden. I was really disappointed with that show. I felt like I was watching a 3rd rate cover band. Tate was out of breath most of the time and couldn't hit those highs and Wilton didn't seem to mesh well with the new guitar player (at that show anyway). I am glad to hear that I must have just seen them on an off night as I was worried these guys lost something somewhere along the way.

Comment

I saw them on that tour too. They were just as great on Saturday night.... Minus the big light show of course. Go see them this year if you get a chance.

Comment

My friend Mike Stone is the 2nd guitarist in Queensryche, and he is really starting to get comfortable with the rest of the guys. Last year they toured with dreamtheater, and this was his 1st stint with them. He really worked hard to learn all of there songs within a very short time period. He really didn't know any of there songs when he joined them. He knew some of the guys in the band from his L.A. days. Mike is a very talented singer/songwriter as well. He was Peter Chriss's frontman before Kiss got back together. He's also been in Poison, and has done numerous studio sessions. I'm very proud of him. It seems like the fan base is really starting to like him as well.
                      1990 Jackson Professional
                      1992 Dean ML
                      2004 Epiphone Flying V
                      2005 Epiphone Dot
                      2009 Fender Stratocaster
                      2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                      2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                      2006 Fender P Bass
                      2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                      1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                      1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                      Custom Pedalboard
                      ADA MP1
                      ADA FX2
                      Tascam 2488

Comment

Tell him I said he played excellent that on Sat in NYC! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll be more than happy to give him that message.
                          1990 Jackson Professional
                          1992 Dean ML
                          2004 Epiphone Flying V
                          2005 Epiphone Dot
                          2009 Fender Stratocaster
                          2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                          2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                          2006 Fender P Bass
                          2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                          1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                          1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                          Custom Pedalboard