Future Darwin award winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Darwin award winner

Looks like these nutballs are going to drive a converted Baja trophy truck into a tornado!

http://www.tornadoattack.com

and the truck
    http://www.tornadoattack.com/ta1.htm

Weather rockets will be launched from the tornado attack vehicle as it approaches the weather cell and upon entry. The tornado attack vehicle has been designed to withstand wind turbulence to approximately 260 miles per hour, but its limits are yet to be tested against the dynamic forces of nature.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Future Darwin award winner

Yep, the next report you'll hear is that somebody got sucked through the rollbars while driving into a F5 tornado. "But...but..it was tornado-proof...." [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

"This website contains information on an event that will transfix the world. This event combines danger, adventure, science, and human interest in a way never before seen and will change the scope and definition of reality television."

I dunno about all that, but I would bet that the world won't mourn their passing.
      Keith

ps Oh, and you know what all that sheet metal looks like to me? Sails.
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

That thing will be a toy for a tornado, especially an F4 or F5.

Comment

I'll bet that Helen Hunt has nicer boobs than these people.

Comment

Absolute and total stupidity.

Comment

Is it that stupid? You have to consider that these guys aren't weekend thrill-seekers. It's not the brightest idea, but it could work. Of course you don't point this shit at any random tornado and gas it. You find a weak-ass tornado that has little potential to develop into anything larger. F5 tornadoes are EXCEEDINGLY rare. I can only recall two that have ever occurred in Texas. The chances of them running into one of those things is only slightly north of zero.

You know the safest place to be in a tornado? Nope, not in a basement or anything. It's out with the damn storm spotters. They sure as fuck aren't going to get in the way of that shit. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The sheet metal will be the first thing to rip off, taking someone’s head with it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What do they think they will find in "The Eye"? Shangrafriggin-la? A "Pot o Gold"? I predict there is a bunch of blinding debris flying around.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Oh yeah...tell me that truck won't get thrown around like a little matchbox car being hurled around by a 3 year old....LOL!

I think they are nuts. Nothing human or otherwise can withstand all the forces of even an F3 Tornado, especially if it develops into an F5 right before they drive into it. They are only considering windspeed. They aren't taking into consideration all the debris, and trees, and other twisted metal that flies around in one of these damn things. They definitely have a deathwish.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                    Is it that stupid?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

> Whay would really ruin these guys day is if the first recorded F6 were to suddenly appear. I read in a magazine right after Twister came out that there has never been an F6,and may never be. This is listed an an "inconceievable" tornado,far more powerful than an F5,and with todays equipment and technology,they might not even be able to tell it was an F6,except for the 30-40 F5's surrounding it. Tommy D.
                      "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

You know the safest place to be in a tornado? Nope, not in a basement or anything. It's out with the damn storm spotters. They sure as fuck aren't going to get in the way of that shit. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm a spotter, and I got that link from a chaser forum. Lets just say it was mocked pretty good by them. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

i think these metal sheets will catch as much of the blow that they could fly (or maybe surf, or worst and sure: get thrown away)with that vehicle
                          i´m pretty sure they´re mentioned in the next darwin awards report

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                            The sheet metal will be the first thing to rip off, taking someone’s head with it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What do they think they will find in "The Eye"? Shangrafriggin-la? A "Pot o Gold"? I predict there is a bunch of blinding debris flying around.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Didn't you see Twister???.... Looked aweful calm and serene in there to me. All you need is a 32" leather belt to tie yourself down in the "Suck Zone". [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Can't wait to see how this turns out. Some people are just asses. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">safest place to be would be in another state

Comment

Working...
                              X