Best and Worst US Cities for Crime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and Worst US Cities for Crime

Interesting article. Seems like certain parts of the South get the short end of the stick.

http://houseandhome.msn.com/Move/Bes...sforCrime.aspx
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Best and Worst US Cities for Crime

Yeah, many parts of the South have been chronically depressed economically since the Civil War, basically. Many of the jobs leaving the Northeast and upper Midwest that didn't go overseas are now coming to the South, where people are still happy to work for half or less what Northern industrial workers are used to making, because those wages are still much better than those of other jobs available. That's one reason the economy is finally growing here faster than elsewhere in the nation.

Funny thing is, New Orleans isn't on the worst cities list for crime. My view has always been that it's very unsafe in many
    parts of New Orleans. Montgomery, AL I totally believe though; the security guards at the Greyhound station there are armed with guns and batons just like police officers.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

They also go by reported crimes, which in N.O., many go unreported because the cops can't handle the load. People are just told "that's life".

I'm very close to Memphis, which means that shit will be spreading this way (actually, we've already got a decent-sized drug problem for a town of 30,000+) but this is a farming town mostly - step too far out and your Civil Rights to sell drugs and rape and kill get buried in a pasture with you [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

> Agreed. There is a project in the works that will bring U.S. Route 69 right past where Newc lives and directly thru where I live,in an effort to connect Mexico to Canada,which will stimulate economic growth here,but bring truckloads of transients,crime,hard drugs like heroin,and who knows what else. Memphis is one place for sure you don't want to get lost in,fortunately,I can navigate it pretty well,using the major poolrooms and Strings and Things as reference points. Newc,I have a much safer route for you when you go. When you get just past Millington,take a left onto the Paul Barrett Parkway,which changes into Singleton Parkway,and then turns into Covington Pike,from there you can go anywhere in town and totally avoid Frayser,which at night looks about like South Central L.A.,LOL. Tommy D.
        "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
        X