Going downhill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going downhill?

I think this place is going a little downhill (or maybe getting out of hand is a more appropriate term). I'm glad there are processes in place and I'm also very appreciative when somebody points out who or what to stay away from, but these 30+ count threads about a junior member breaking the rules in the classifieds or about somebody getting ripped off is a bit obscene. I don't give a shit about your personal opinions on the matter. Shut the fuck up and talk more about guitars [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Also remember Pat's point about the bandwidth usage. Somebody somewhere is paying for all the useless words you are forcing on everyone.

In my perfect world I would love to see the Jackson USA Guitars and Charvel USA Guitars topics get a lot more use. I loved seeing the pictures of the dude's old strathead and star in the Charvel USA section. Great to see some graphics I've never seen before. The Tech Q&A is also superb...good to know that there are so many knowledgable members.

Re: Going downhill?

The Junior member selling topics are kinda stupid but it's all their fault for not reading. It's like me getting 20 calls a day from people asking me what type of oil goes in to their boat. Read the damn manual. Just like all these people should read the posted topics before posting.

I love the topics about people getting riped off, It makes great entertainment and tells everyone who to avoid.

I love this place and it's always been a great place to hang.
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

well said, lance.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Now, about you guys not recycling and also the flossing thing...

Comment

And hey, regarding the Junior member posts, I seriously doubt they would make the same mistake twice after being ragged on by half the board. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I have noticed everybody being a bit uptight recently, lots of drama, but who knows, maybe thats just the side effects of being so close to tax time?

The JCF is still home to the coolest sausagefest on the internet. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by L:
            Shut the fuck up and talk more about guitars [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't like it? Don't read it. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by L:
              I don't give a shit about your personal opinions on the matter.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Originally posted by L:
                Also remember Pat's point about the bandwidth usage. Somebody somewhere is paying for all the useless words you are forcing on everyone.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So why are you wasting bandwidth and your useless words on this thread and forcing me to read it and post a response? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by L:
                  Shut the fuck up and talk more about guitars [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't like it? Don't read it. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">damn right. Plenty of threads here about stuff I couldn't give two shits about. What do I do? Pass over those threads and get to the stuff that interests me. Gone are the days when I would read every single feckin' post on this board. It takes away too much of my playing time.

re: more activity in the US Jackson & Charvel forums....
                  Fact of the matter is, a lot of more people can afford the import models than US ones, so the these two sections are always going to be slower moving. Check out the "What made you buy your US Jackson" thread (or whatever it's called). A lot of people recounting their first Jackson purchase, but just as many people still planning for their first.

As far as US Charvels go, they ain't exactly thick on the ground, not compared to US Jackson numbers. Plus there are so many more import Charvels, so if the average joe is to own a Charvel, it's most likely to be an import. Of course, the US Charvel forum could get busier, with kids making up wishlists for San Dimases or asking for the value of their Ft Worth, made in the US, Model 4s. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

LOL, I guess it's what you're used to in general. One of the old boards I used to hang out on was DRAMA 24 fucking hours a day. I even let myself get caught up in it from time to time. It got to the point where I just told the admin. to delete my account. Thank god I found this place. This is serenity (Godsmack. Good tune!) in comparison. It's like going from a monkey cage to a mensa meeting. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by L:
                      Also remember Pat's point about the bandwidth usage. Somebody somewhere is paying for all the useless words you are forcing on everyone.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not words that are bandwidth hogs. It's all the graemlins that this board uses.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

I'm thankful this board exists. I'm thankful for all the cool people and abundance of knowledge this board brings into my home. I think we are just experiencing some growing pains and when the dust settles we'll come out better than before...

Gotta hand it to the Admins for keeping it together, though - I've seen smaller problems kill bigger boards !

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X