Brainfart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brainfart

I had a major brainfart the other day. I found a Marshall JCM 800 for $230 at a local pawnshop but didn't buy it. I had stopped by because I saw a friends truck outside. We started talking while he was looking for a car stereo. So I asked the person helping him how much they had the Marshall priced at. We are both musicians so both our jaws dropped when he told us $250. Well even though I asked I kinda hesitated and my friend asked to see it. The actual price was $230 so my friend decided to take it. At first the they didn't want to extend the layway plan to him because the pawnbroker noticed our expression when he told us the price. He was actually making it kinda hard for my friend to buy the amp, but after some arguing he let him have for the price and so he put it on layaway.

Now I wish would have moved on it, but times are tough, I had just borrowed some money from my brother to make ends meet and I was holding my 9 week old son. I just felt like I couldn't really couldn't afford another piece of equipment at his and my wifes expense. Damn that was hard, but now that I think about it I could have made a nice little profit on it.
    Damn, I love this Interweb.

Re: Brainfart

Man, if I were you.. or actually, your friend. I would go in there ASAFP and get that amp out of the shop... If you look on alot of pawn tickets, they say in the small print that they are not responsible for items "lost" or "destroyed" while in storage or on lay away at the shop... So, if the guy realizes that he F'ed up, that Marshall might just get mysteriously "lost" or "destroyed"..

I would have never left the shop without it, if at all possible..

Good luck with this, and I hope your friend get's his amp! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X