Queensryche/Symphony X show Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queensryche/Symphony X show Detroit

Any Symphony X fans out their? If you like shredding, you'll LOVE this band.
    They TOTALLY blew Queensrych off the stage here in Detroit the other night.
    Their guitar player SMOKES! The singer has great range as well.
    Queensrycke has lost it! WHere is Chris Degarmo when you need him?

Do you know Tate and company had the nerve to waste the first hour of the show playing new garbage? Nobody wants to hear that!
    They kinda redeemed themselves by having "mary" (the opera singer on the mindcrime disc)sing live to the Midcrime hits.. very cool! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

But, it was Symphany X that stole the show..

Re: Queensryche/Symphony X show Detroit

I'm seein this show this Thursday in Boston. I haven't heard any Symphony X material, but I certainly like shredding, so I'll try not and miss them.
    Also on the bill is Pamela Moore. Anyone know what she/they sound like?
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Also on the bill is Pamela Moore. Anyone know what she/they sound like?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe Pamela Moore is the "mary" from the Mindcrime album I was referring to..

Check out Symphony's website:
      Symphony X .com

Comment

Thanks for the link! I'm diggin Symphony X's stuff. I'll have to make sure I don't miss em!
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Tate deliberately misled fans in his most recent interview then! (I read it from a link at the Metal Sludge Gossip Board). In it he said they'd be focusing on the Mindcrime material, and that they'd played only 1 song from Tribe when on tour most recently. Yes, Pamela Moore is "Mary" from the Mindcrime album and videos.

I guess Geoff is so artsy and pretentoius that he can't tell when his band gets smoked. He must know his new shit sucks
          though, if he's trying to make people think they're not playing it to get them to the shows!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Just saw this package in Chicago...

Yes, Symphony X was good.

Queensryche was better.

They wasted the first half of the show. Tate's voice was solid, but the choice of songs was sad. The Tribe material didn't sound good at all. By the acoustic(!) [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] version of Roads to Madness, my buddy and I were exchanging wry comments, and the crowd was getting openly hostile. There was one heckler behind us who just wouldn't shut up.

Then they started the Mindcrime sequence, and their energy level went through the roof. Please understand that at this point, I was not in the mood to cut them any slack. It wasn't just that they were playing better material. All of a sudden, they sounded nearly as good as on the Empire tour, and way better than when I saw them on the Promised Land tour. It was like someone had given them a few good jolts with an electric cattle prod and said you're blowing this--now get out there and kick some ass.

Pam Moore looked rediculous on stage with her solid gold dancer moves, but she sang her heart out. She did a lot of backups, not just her "parts". The balding, geeky looking Rockenfield was a madman, and just went off on his kit. I think he was a big factor in bringing it to the next level.

After a reasonably complete Mindcrime section, they came back with Jet City Woman, Walk in the Shadows, Best I Can, and Empire, and finished the set well. Mike Stone fits the band a whole lot better than Kelly Gray, but played some pretty awful clams here and there. I think he'll fit in if he sticks around long enough.

Man, if only they could write the way they used to.
            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Working...
            X