Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Lee Roth looking a bit better nowadays

http://www.filmmagic.com/GalleryList...8976&ym=200404
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: David Lee Roth looking a bit better nowadays

just a bit [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

he's old.

Comment

that's good. he's looking much healthier
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I'd take him over Sammy anyday ....sammy's voice is still prety strong ...but I never really cared too much for his voice ...back then.

David Lee Roth was 1/2 of Van Halen in my book....period!

yeah he can sure blow live ...he always did ....but he's great in the studio.

but I heard that he lost a lot of his voice and can't hit the notes and screams anymore ...and that was a big part of his thing.

People get old

I bet Ed is going to play like sloppy Jimmy Page now ....funny how he ragged on Page years ago ...and now he's even worse nowadays...

If you go to see the Van Halen show and "think" he doesn't sound too bad ....put on the first five albums then re-think that thought....
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Man, he's looking a LOT better. He should be going out with VH now.

Comment

Genebaby,

Who's the sweetie in your avatar display?

Fong [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I just read an article in a Guitar World magazine from last year. If I was Dave I wouldn't want anything to do with Eddie and Alex. All they do is put him down, say how he sucked so bad as a singer, etc. They sound like a couple of immature idiots. Funny how if he sucked so bad, why did Van Halen sell more albums with Dave than with Sammy? Sammy isn't bad, but he has nowhere near the personality of Dave.

Eddie and Alex can fuck off, I'll never buy another VH product.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I like Daves singing, but has anyone ever seen him with out that stupid look on his face. Every picture had that stupid smile. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jason

Comment

I've always thought of Dave as a "Talker", a "Con Man". Sammy seems more down to earth and I think he is a better singer than Dave is. But ya know what, there is a lot of Mojo with Dave in VH. I would love to see that but I don't think it will ever happen.

Comment

Hmmm, if he put on a Long blonde wig he'd look just about the same as he did in the 80's. Wow, Geritol does wonders!

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, comparing Van Halen with Roth and Van Halen with Hagar is like comparing apples to oranges.

Both are two different bands with different agendas and paths. Van Halen was an innovation, Van Hagar was a fad.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Van Halen with Dave was BIG RAWK, and Eddie played his ass off just to keep Dave from stealing the show completely, and yeah it really didn't even matter that Dave was spotty live. VH with DLR was a force of nature, like a tornado.

VH with Sammy became a contemporary pop rock band, and unchallenged for the spotlight, Ed went from being a shredding guitarist to a half-assed keyboardist and lost his edge. Yeah they had big hits and he proved he could sell keyboard power ballads to America, but Ed lost the thing that made him great. Phil Collins with a wanky little guitar solo. They recaptured a small bit of the magic on F.U.C.K. but that was about it. I love Sammy's voice, but there's not much fire in Van Hagar.

The more I think about it, the more I think Dave's Van Halen tribute is probably closer to the real thing than Van Hagar at this point. At least Dave's guitarist is on his toes, since he'd be canned if he got sloppy. No one can fire Ed except EVERYBODY, by not buying the tickets. I think they'll sell respectably just on the hope that they'll kick some ass.

[ April 16, 2004, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

i hooked him up with my guy shawn [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

van halen = balls out tunes that attract hot chicks to boot

van hagar = mommy music
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

If those pictures are authentic, then he's had a fucking hair weave because when I saw him last year, he was super thin on top. He was about one stage away from looking as goofy as Hulk Hogan.

There's no denying the great stuff from the Roth era, but there's also no denying that the Hagar era pumped out some great tunes as well. The difference now is that Sammy can still sing, Roth is embarrassing. Remember when his stage antics and acrobatics were cool? Well, have the memory tattooed to your brain cause it's just not happening anymore.
                            "POOP"

Comment

"The world's gone to hell in a handbasket since David Lee Roth left Van Halen!!!" - Bloom County comic strip

I was on a roll with the useless info quotes in a nother thread, I figured I'd throw one in here.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X