Stupid Fast Food Cashiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Fast Food Cashiers

Hey hey. One thing I really can't stand is having to repeat my order to a FFC. I mean, I realize they aren't exactly rocket scientists, or the sharpest blades in the drawer, but sheesh!
    I guess their little brains can't retain a few simple commands for longer than, say, 5 seconds.

Sometimes, I'll forget this. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    Me: "Hi, I'll have a fish sandwich, value fries, and 2 apple pies"
    FFC: (beep....beep) "Uh, fish sandwich ANNA WHUT?"
    Me, slightly pissed: "Value Fries...."
    FFC: (beep) "OK, what else wuzzat?"
    Me, getting enraged: TWO APPLE PIEEEEEEEES!!"

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Maybe I spoke too fast. Most likely, I blurted the order out before they had a chance to hit all the buttons.

When I remember, I'll speak slowly, and pause between each item so they can do the beep beep beep. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

OK, that was just an example...who wants to share THEIR stories? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Stupid Fast Food Cashiers

I don't complain about this shit anymore, because last weekend I had some old guy blow up on me and my manager because our satellite went down and the register wouldn't accept his debit card. Instead of being patient or paying with cash for his two nice pants that I went and got off the rack for him, not to mention let him in the fitting room to try on, he decides to throw a little fit in the store, make us look stupid, and embarass the hell out of his wife. People can't always help that their machines don't work right, and it's not always the operators fault.

Comment

Uh, that wasn't a fast food story, Box! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

BTW, no offense to anybody here who might be a FFC! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

In Cali a lot of them are Spanish; if they don't get it the first time I repeat
        it in Spanish and they usually comprende
        then! It helps to pronounce the way they do:

"Por favor, uno Yumbo Yack con mas cebollas, uno papafrites grandes, y uno
        Coca Dieta Grande."

They got it right away, and got to laugh at my gringo accent too!

After I moved back here I went to one of our "authentic" Mexican restaurants and ordered dinner in Spanish; the waitress had no clue! Of course, she was Vietnamese...... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well I live in a community that has a lot of people who son't speak english so trying to get a cheeseburger is a tough thing to do here are a few examples

I went inside to order my regular. A #2 supersized, a cajon mcchicken without lettuce and a Mr. Pib, well they fucked up the on the food order part of it 4 times bringing me the wrong sandwiches and wrong size fries, well I finally got pissed and decided to take the food even though it was wrong, well I went to pick up my Mr. pib and it didn't have ice, so I went my drink doesn't have any fucking ice in it. well they said they ran out or the machine was broken or something. So I said "so you can't march your litte illigal alian ass 1 block to albertsons to buy ice" I threw my drink at him and left.

About a year later I was pissed off for some reason at my girlfreind and I decided to go grab dinner, well I was driving my 71 Demon and went through the drive thru, being pissed off I was listening to vulgar display of power well hey screwed up my order at least 5 times while I was sitting there, and by the end I was pissed I grabed my food and did the biggest smokiest burnout in the drive thru. Well for the next year the guy was scard of me I got free frys and burgers with all my orders. this was all 3-4 years ago since I don't eat this crap anymore.

[ April 14, 2004, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Drsracing ]
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Ron I know it's not a fast food story, but when you're in the business of serving people, and they get pissed at you because your machines mess up it's not the funnest thing...all I'm trying to say is, it might not be because they're stupid (myself and the manager of 2 years definitely knew what we were doing), but there might be more going on than you know, so be patient with people a little.

Comment

The most practical reason to not get shitty with fast food workers?

They'll spit in your food if you piss them off. Mayo a bit "chewy" on your burger? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Nah, Rich, I think that's an urban legend! Most places out here now, you can see the prep area very clearly from the counter. And I really don't get pissy - my above encounter was exaggerated for comedic effect! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

AHA! So the holographic projectors are fooling the customers just as planned!
                  [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well, I've heard it from friends who once worked fast food; maybe that's why the prep area's in view nowadays!

If they screw up my order, I bring it back in an almost apologetic way, only so I don't get into an anger buildup with them. I also find that they're grateful that I'm not enraged over the mixed-up order. You can't expect a miminum-wage earner to be super-enthused about your no-catsup, no-mayo, extra-mustard extra onion order.

Besides, if you're nice, they usually give you a free dessert or some other free item for not throwing a fit.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My problem with fast food places isn't with their ability to understand my order; it's in the way they fill my order.

For example, if I say I want:

Cheeseburger
                    No pickles, no onion

What I mean is...... TA-DA!!... make me a cheeseburger and don't put pickles or onions on it! Duh!

It does NOT mean..... scrape the onions and pickles off of a 4-hour old burger and slap a cold piece of cheese on it! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I stopped eating fast food completely when I quit my job at Burger King.

My worst customer encounter while working as a cashier was with three college students. Two guys and a girl. They didn't do or say anything wrong, offense, or stupid. The problem was that one of the guys reeked so horribly of shit and piss that I almost puked right there. Worst smelling guy I ever did meet.

Comment

I understand that a low-wage job like that also includesd low-quality service - unfortunately, the heads of those multi-billion $ corporations think that the people working there are doing it for the love of the product, and yet they demand high-performance [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        I never have and never will work in the food service industry. I've had my share of shitty low-paying jobs, but the one thing I did was the job I was assigned. I didn't fuck it up BECAUSE I wasn't being paid a lot, I fucked up because I was stupid [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you want to intentionally fuck something up at your shitty job, leave and go find another job.

And Boxcar - never ever be afraid to tell a raving customer to "calm down before I call the police, you're disturbing the other customers."
                        The customer is NOT always right. The customer is USUALLY an asshole.
                        Better yet, hit the "Panic button" and let the fuckhead explain to the cops why he gave you a reason to hit the alarm [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

When shit like that happens (i.e. machines go down, etc) I take my shopping ass elsewhere, I do NOT take it as a personal attack like that guy apparently did.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You make good points Newc, but since Boxcar was there with his manager, he pretty much had to let his manager take the lead in dealing with the guy.

DRSRacing's story makes another good point: he's not an asshole, but those times at the fastfood places he was frustrated and pissed off, and blew up.
                          A lot of people are taking shit all week from people they can't talk back to, so it's repressed. When someone they see as if they've "hired" to take their order makes a mistake, they go off on them the same way they don't like their bosses going off on them.

Managing a plumbing and rooter service, got used to the fact that 75% of the customers calling up would be pissed off.
                          It's not my fault their toilet backed up all over the bathroom floor, but I was the one to take the blast of anger. I had to learn to not let that anger rattle me, and defuse them once they blew off steam. That's an industry that's both necessary and thankless: nobody wants to pay to shit, shower and shave when they did it free for the last year or whatever it was. Then again, they don't want to have to rent a motel to shit, shower and shave either, so they pay, grudgingly.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

We have no panic button! Even if we did I wouldn't have called the cops on the guy...he was just being a douche bag and making a scene, because, well, that's what douche bags do.

Comment

Argh, don't get me started on the morons working at fast food places. I have had so many bad experiences where they have got my order wrong.

When ordering, I always speak slowly and clearly, yet they still get it wrong.

Fuckers! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X