A whole mess of guitars!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A whole mess of guitars!!!

Hey bro's, I put 10 of my guitars up on one webpage along with around 20 of Manyaxes (Ray) guitars. Check them out. The first 10 are mine and the rest are his. I hope you enjoy the pics.

THE GUITARS!!!

I am sure Ray will chime in with a list of what he has. Here is my list:
    1991 Charvel Avenger
    late 80's Charvel 275dlx
    mid-90's Charvel Import Star
    1987 USA BC Rich ST-3
    1994 Washburn N4
    1994 Ibanez USRG20TP
    1987 Ibanez 540Pro
    Brand New "Charvel" Pre-Pro clone (Mighty-mite) and Fender.
    1981 Kramer Strathead Pacer

Re: A whole mess of guitars!!!

Hey, how does that "stone" finish Dinky Reverse feel?? I've been considering getting one, but I didn't want to chance that finish bugging the crap out of me because of the relief...
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Nice! Nice Nuno, too! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Where is the wicked bass that I hear that you own?

BTW, you want an Avenger? I've got one that needs a good home!

Keith
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Hey, [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

That 81 Kramer Pacer looks familiar... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Didn't take him long, did it Ralph? I'm glad he got that one, I thought for a little while there that he was going to wet his pants over it...

K
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

What's the neck on that Nuno model like?

Comment

Sweet collection! I like the variety [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

the dinky reverses aren't fished with the same stuff that the top of the line earthquake soloists were done in...every one i've picked up had a little texture, but not enough to bother anyone...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanx for hosting John. You are the man! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

TEKKY...The stone finish doesn't have much relief. It's less bothersome than my USA Granite finish was. It has a matt finish on it so it's pretty smooth and the neck is killer!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                    What's the neck on that Nuno model like?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The neck on the Nuno is FAT!! I would consider it very similar in feel and profile to the 1981 Kramer Strathead, 1971 Fender Strat or maybe a perfect cross between a Jeff Beck and a SRV strat. The only noticable differences are the N4 has 22 super jumbo frets. The neck is very smooth, very fast and the Stephens Cutaway is incredible. You can't even feel the body at the 22nd fret.

Comment

...really?? You mean it has a thick backshape? Is it sorta round too?

Comment

Originally posted by axtogrind:
                        Didn't take him long, did it Ralph? I'm glad he got that one, I thought for a little while there that he was going to wet his pants over it...

K
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Keith, the Kramer Strathead is my finest conquest to date with a very close second going to the Nuno. Variety is the spice of life bro. I still have the RB800 bass. The bass player in my new band plays a $3000.00 Spector and an original 71 Jazz bass and he was totally digging the RB800. Actually it plays and sounds as good or better than his other 2 basses. It is safe and secure at home. If it has 6 or 7 strings I would have included it in the mix. You need to get into that 7 stringer. It will unleash the fury from within.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                          ...really?? You mean it has a thick backshape? Is it sorta round too?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, it is not wide like a Soloist or a Carvin but very thick in the profile. The Jeff Beck/SRV comparison is pretty accurate IMHO. It has a thick backshape and is not as round as an SRV but close. It has a unique feel to it and is certainly a custom profile designed by and for Nuno. It could be similar in feel to a Rhoads LTD or PCS or maybe the JCF model. I have never played one of them but they are usually described as chunky but fast. The Nuno has a lightning fast neck with GIGANTIC frets and an ebony board.
                          It also has very very slinky action!! It almost feels like 24.75 scale. It must have something to do with the severe tilt of the reverse headstock. It is easier to bend strings on this guitar than any other that I own. It also has a unique voice that doesn't blend IMHO with other guitars very well do to the pickups I think. It is best decribed as "throaty" and very open.

Comment

Originally posted by ManyAxes:
                            Thanx for hosting John. You are the man! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

TEKKY...The stone finish doesn't have much relief. It's less bothersome than my USA Granite finish was. It has a matt finish on it so it's pretty smooth and the neck is killer!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks man. Oh, I know all about that neck!!! I have three black Dinky Reverses just like it.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] !!The white Jackson strat with two hums is beautiful!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Working...
                              X