Best MP3/video downloading P2P program thingamabobbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best MP3/video downloading P2P program thingamabobbers

Dudes, what are you using to download [illegal] music and videos? I'm tired of streaming audio clips of crappy quality and watching laggy music vids on Launch.Yahoo.com. I want something in the vein of Napster and Kazaa, but without problems/spyware/viruses/corrupted files and without the feds tracking my pseudo-pirating ass down. I've bought enough music over the past year (after getting a "trojan virus" thing on Kazaa after the RIAA launched their crap and me being fearful of getting another virus) and I deserve some free music once again just so I can try listening to new bands.

And yeah, the program better have an abundance of metal.

I've heard good stuff about LimeWire. Anybody have experience with that one? I've heard that Kazaa Lite has recently gone downhill or something. And WinMX is a no-go for me; I can never configure that stupid program to work on my current computer, and when it was on my old computer, it would always put my downloads in "queues" or whatever the British word for "lineups" is. Hence, I could NEVER download ANYTHING from WinMX.

Remember: Ease of use/configuration, abundance of good music and music vids, no spyware/viruses/etc., and it's gotta be free. And provide a link if you would be so helpful. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: Best MP3/video downloading P2P program thingamabobbers

try bittorent. but i never use it. still using Kazaa cause its office pc..who cares bout spyware..

Comment

I like Sharaza.
      "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Links, people, links!!!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I've tried Shareaza before. I didn't have very much success with it, but that was a while ago, and things could be different with it now.

Got a link for that? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

who cares bout spyware
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You will when they take over your PC.

Matt

Comment

I have really good luck with winmx. No spyware and lots to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by zx12r:
              ..who cares bout spyware..
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You will when my business partner who also consults for RIAA on copyright issues finds you. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> who cares bout spyware
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You will when they take over your PC.

Matt
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it's my office pc..and slow too. they can have it anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by zx12r:
                  ..who cares bout spyware..
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You will when my business partner who also consults for RIAA on copyright issues finds you. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the only things you'll find is william hung mp3.

Comment

soulseek - a lot of metal , many rare albums appear there , you have to share . slsknet.blogspot.com

emule/shareaza - it takes time to start downloads , to run your dl's faster you have to upload first so share ;] , it's based on some automatic user rating system.

shareaza takes more time to finish a download ( end of files )

not that i'm breaking the law by using those programs. hehehehe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

DC++ ofcourse
                      www.dcplusplus.com

Comment

I agree with bob

Comment

I know you are looking for free stuff, but I also like apple itunes. el linko
                          "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

WinMX works best for me cause theres a lot of traders, but you need to share, the more you share the more becomes available to you. Add on MxMonitor to slam leechers and autostart trades and your set. Only problems is the type of music your looking for just may not be popular enough in the online world.
                            Try em all.

So far, 160+GB of metal/music videos/concerts/instructionals sums up what is easily possible on Mx.

Comment

Originally posted by zx12r:
                              the only things you'll find is william hung mp3.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I won't find a thing. I'm firmly in the camp that's waiting for these dinosaurs to become extinct because whatever form the industry takes after the meltdown, it's surely going to provide us with better music than what we have now. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                              X