Music or Bands you Hate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music or Bands you Hate!

What Music do you hate or drives you nuts?

Old Country Music! such as, Hank Williams Sr. etc. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] And Most new Country. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Top 40 R&B, or Any kind of Rap! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

New Wave, such as, Flock of Seagulls. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Death Metal, Most Speed Metal. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Audio Slave, and most 90's Grunge. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Just give me straight forward, high energy Metal 80's or "New with the same style".

I know I'll get flamed by the Kiddies! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I DO like Disturbed, Black Label Society, that kind of stuff.

[ April 14, 2004, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Gary Powell ]

Re: Music or Bands you Hate!

What the hell is wrong with speed metal and death metal? Some of those guys are the best guitarists living! Do you want to tell me for ten seconds that such bands like Shadows Fall and Archenemy suck? Gimme a break! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

I do agree with you on the most part though. 80's metal does kick ass. R&B sucks, rap sucks, and anybody else with no talent and think's it's cool not to be able to construct an entire grammar-correct sentence sucks.

Comment

emo, punk, pop...well, anything that's not metal or GOOD classic rock. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

kevin
      the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

You don't like much do you? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm not a fan of the country music.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Grunge and related stuff: Nirvana, Soundgarden, Audioslave, The Melvins.

All that new Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, etc stuff.

Thin Lizzy. God I cannot stand them. Good guitar players but I hate all of their songs. Except Maiden's cover of Massacre.

Limp Bizkit. Slipknot.

Sheryl Crow. Norah Jones.

Exodus, Forbidden, Vio-lence. Never understood what the big deal was.

Y&T after the Mean Streak record.

Comment

Just give me straight forward, high energy Metal 80's or "New with the same style".
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hmm...maybe you should check out my band devane...you might like it...we've been called "dinosaurs" by other musicians arouns atlanta [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...d.m.

DevaneNet.com

btw...click on the javascript site...
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Kiss and Aerosmith.

I just don't like the music.

Comment

(Metallicarocks)

I agree that speed metal musicians are amazing musicians but Its just NOT for me bro. It definitely has its place but I like old school metal guitar riffs and such. I also like a vocalist who can sing...like Dio or Bruce Dickinson, etc. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I haven't even heard of 90% of the Hardcore Metal that you guys listen to. I might like some of it, I dunno?

To me 80's style Metal is exciting, fun, the musicians were awesome, songs had feeling, and just plain rocked. I like that.

Nirvana and 75% of everything after that just sucked in my opinion. (soundgarden type shit [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] ) Listen to what you love and what makes you feel good. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Powell:
                    songs had feeling, and just plain rocked. I like that.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep..."pour some sugar on me" is a prime example. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Just give me straight forward, high energy Metal 80's or "New with the same style".
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hmm...maybe you should check out my band devane...you might like it...we've been called "dinosaurs" by other musicians arouns atlanta [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...d.m.

DevaneNet.com

btw...click on the javascript site...

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OH YEAH! That's what I'm talking about bro!! Those songs rock. Old school style all the way and I like the singer too. The Guitars sound kickass.
                      Cool site man. I could listen to that. Where do you go to buy the cd? Thanks [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Rap [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Exodus, Forbidden, Vio-lence. Never understood what the big deal was.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">exodus - tempo of the damned
                          forbidden - twisted into form ;]

Nu-metal (korn , lb ,Linkin park - ohh how do i hate these fags)

nickelback,puddle of mudd - all that nu related pseudorock for pussies

dance

R'n'b'

Bling bling style pseudo gangsta rap like this what's running on the tv since about 97 , earlier rap was ok. ( heh i'm gonna be impaled for that sentence ;] )

emo, punk ,

reggae

Comment

I hate the typical punk stuff. I like anti-flag and Millencolin though.

i'm not a big fan of growling voices. only band that i like that has a growling voice is Atreyu.

i hate coutnry, can't stand Mtv rap, or anything on Mtv.

I like Metal bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, and As I Lay Dying.

You guys probably never heard of the stuff i listen to [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I hate country.

I hate rap. though, I have gotten into outkast slightly. THey're fun.

RnB is all the same (just like country)

Metal....welld uh, I'm into the whole black metal, and Death Metal scenes...melodic...technical...necro..it doesn't matter to me. As long as it's evil, I don't even care if the bands are really all that talented, as long as i can tell they've put alot of heart into their music. Then it's all good.

I'm goign to a Cuong Fu Concert tonight, he's the trumpet player in Pat Methany's band. Check out Pat Methany's DVD for a look at him, and the seriously weird shit he does. He's got his trumpet miced and thrown into a loop station and several delay pedals and an EQ (guitar stomp boxes none theless) The sounds that come out of his little trio are humongous!!! They are seriously original. and very ambient. Totally awesome. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

at the masterclass last night he said he considered their music a "free improv JAzz fusion alt rock" You can tell he's influenced alot by Bjork and Radiohead. It's cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X